jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Airports - "patdowns" or "body scanners?"

1. qwark profile image62
    qwarkposted 5 years ago

Who gives a damn!
    Do 'em both!
    When I fly, I wanna know I'm gonna arrive alive!

1. Old Poolman profile image82
      Old Poolmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had a hip replaced, so now set off every metal detector in the airport.  I know when I walk in the door I am going to get the royal pat down treatment.  My opinion is anyone who objects to a pat down ,or the scanner, can either stay home, take a bus, drive, walk, hitch hike, run, or whatever.  But I don't want them on the same airplane as me.

2. qwark profile image62
    qwarkposted 5 years ago

...no thoughts about this eh?
    It's raising alota concern amongst many travelers.
    Why no response to this question?

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I don't care either.  Like you, I prefer safety to the huge enormous loss of dignity of a pat down.

On the other hand I heard on the radio that the pilot's union says that pat downs of the pilots can cause damage (psychological I think) that will cause them to fly without their customary skill.  Apparently it makes them so mad they lose their fine edge.  Or something.  If that's the case, get some pilots with better control over their emotions - air rage isn't something I'd want to see! big_smile

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

In the UK it is often the case that you get both scanned and checked over by the security people, possibly shoes removed and case searched if they select you. If it keeps people safe then it has to be that way.

5. qwark profile image62
    qwarkposted 5 years ago

Wilderness and 2uesday:
    Ya both have good sense....thumbs up!!!!!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully, not during the pat down...

1. qwark profile image62
        qwarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha...a "goose" in time? You know the rhyme.   lol

6. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind the body scanner as much if they airport didn't keep (accidentally) handing my jewelry off to other people.

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I don't mind the Patdowns... But I hate having to fly with a wedgie! yikes

8. surf traveler profile image87
    surf travelerposted 5 years ago

LOL Pearldiver. The US has made air travel such a hassle.  Fear overload.

9. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

OK, I'm ready for my feel-up... er, I mean patdown wink

10. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 5 years ago

It's like buying elephant repellant.
    Never mind that elephants don't swarm in the first place; the repellant totally works. Everybody should buy some.

How many bombs are stopped at security checkpoints, as opposed the number of bombs that have made it all the way onto the planes? Smugglers will always slip through. The answer is better intelligence, not forcing a 4 year old disabled child out of his wheelchair for a security check. Before you know it we'll all be forced to fly butt naked. Then you just know I'm gonna lose my passport.

Body scans are security overkill. Much too expensive, and a total invasion of privacy.

So no thanks! I'll drive or take the train. smile