jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Recalls on the Dominic Refrigerators and the Norcold

1. 59
    Bobbisoxposted 5 years ago

We just recently had an almost fatal fire in our Forrest River
    Wilcat camper.  The Norcold Refrigerator caught on fire in our camper and completely burned the camper to the frame. I shutter to think if we had been in it.  Our neighbors awakened us at 1:00 a.m. when they heard the loud explosion and saw that it was on fire.  There was two propane tanks mounted under the bed that help the fire along. 
    These recalls have been out for at least 5 years or more and we had never never gotten a call or letter on it.  If you retrieve the info on the internet you will see what I am talking about.
    I'm mine is not the only one that has caught on fire.  They are the electric and propane combined with two doors.  Mine was a Norcold, but the Dominic is also on recall.  This fire burned the trailer completly up and destroyed the metal RVPort that we keep it in.  This RVPort is attached to our house and the end of my house is gone to.  The fire department fortunately put the fire out before it burned my house down to.  Older retired folks and people with families use these recreational vehicles for traveling and fun. 
    Please check your units on line to make sure you do not have any recalls on equipment that can literally take your life.  If I save one life this is worth it.  Don't just look up Forrest River units, look all of them up.  The Transportation Dept. was notified of this defect but we were not.  What is the Trans. Dept going to do to save lives, watch it burn?  Please research your equipment, don't wait another day.  We are thankful this Thanksgiving to be alive and able to eat that wonderful turkey with our family.  I looked on line for a replacement of our beautiful RV and there are still used ones for sale with the exact same refrigerator in it.  I don't think I will ever get a full nights sleep again.  It is the most violated I have ever felt .  Please do your home work there is pages and pages of this recall, model numbers and names.  Thank you Bobbisox

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure the fridge isn't a Dometic model?  I've never heard of a Dominic brand?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. fulltimervlife profile image60
    fulltimervlifeposted 5 years ago

thanks for the info, we have the Norcold, and I just started researching it after the door fell off, they put a lot of faith in a small piece of plastic to hold it in place lol