jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)

Where do you want to settle down?

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

Given a choice and funds, where would you like to live (migrate, if necessary) and die?
    Or, do you want to stay put where you are?

Me, first flight to South Pacific Islands

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I like where we are (New England).  I don't want warmth always; too many bugs.

We have tremendous natural beauty, geologically fairly stable, near the ocean and (small) mountains, lots of history, museums, culture, changing seasons and fewer conservatives than the rest of the country.

Actually the last is the most important to me smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I will go back to my parents seaside vacation house in the Philippines, one day.

4. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Some Nordic country, some North European, Norway, may be, or may be just my old country Latvia, they love dollars now, who doesn't?
    I hate bugs and snakes and crocodiles. No Florida for me.

5. viaterra profile image60
    viaterraposted 5 years ago

Personally, I'd pick my homeland : Brittany (France)

6. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 5 years ago

I like where I am (Pennsylvania, U.S.).  Four seasons. Beautiful autumns.  Close enough to enjoy the city in NYC or the beach in New Jersey.  There's still a bit of farmland nearby... and its close to all my family, which is very important to me.

I will say though, that when I visited Ireland, I didn't want to come home.  I fell in love with the landscape and most of the people I met.  Plus, there is just such a sense of history across the Atlantic that we don't have here.  We ("non-Native" Americans - for lack of a better descriptor)are relative babes in the woods.

7. Theo Burggraaff profile image78
    Theo Burggraaffposted 5 years ago

I moved from The Netherlands to Indonesia, Bali and I don't wanna go back. Bali is beautiful, come and check it out wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ya right, I have been there! Bali is beautiful..

1. Theo Burggraaff profile image78
        Theo Burggraaffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Where in Bali have you been? Club city Kuta? Or did you go snorkling in the east? There are lots of cool places!

8. Donna Janelle profile image81
    Donna Janelleposted 5 years ago

I live in Oklahoma now, but I would eventually love to live by the ocean. Maybe not until I retire (still a long ways off) but the ocean is one of my absolute favorite places to be - especially in Florida, more specifically Naples, FL. smile But anywhere closer to the ocean would be awesome!

9. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I like living in warm areas, having moved from Vermont to Florida. But it's crowded here, and crime is going up. So maybe Hawaii, or out west in the USA. smile

10. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I moan about where I live (South East England) but it's actually got a lot going for it - climate, for example.  Wouldn't want to live in a place with horrendously long, cold winters and a short growing season, and I don't do heat/humidity/poisonous insects/snakes either, which means the tropics are out too lol

1. Amanda Severn profile image89
      Amanda Severnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm in the South-East of England too, and I'm here for all the above reasons, plus strong links to family and friends who are also firmly rooted nearby. Sometimes I toy with the idea of moving away, but I think I'm far too comfortable where I am.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here - that's why it baffles me when people relocate to another country without doing any research about it beforehand and often without even knowing the language (think all those British expats in Spain and France many of whom moved there because the property market and the Euro/£ exchange rate were much more favourable than they are now, and they were tempted by warmer weather).

11. rotl profile image59
    rotlposted 5 years ago

Mars would be cool if we can find a way to inhabit it. On earth, somewhere warm.

12. SmittenWithTravel profile image61
    SmittenWithTravelposted 5 years ago

I love mountains and beautiful greenery...and yet I do like (not love) snow. The best of both worlds would be right here in Santa Barbara in southern California. Although Costa Rica looks nice!

13. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

definitely where i am in right now. in Bangladesh

14. Nick Malizia profile image61
    Nick Maliziaposted 5 years ago

Either a tiny movable shack in Oregon or tinier crappier shack in California. LOL!

15. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 5 years ago

Hawaii, or the desert near Bryce Canyon

16. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

I'm going to Bangladesh and drink with my friend saleheensblog

17. Milla Mahno profile image58
    Milla Mahnoposted 5 years ago

Whatever it is it needs to have a beach, a bar, and a bunch of guys.

18. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 5 years ago

I never want to settle down. If I get really rich, I'll have residences everywhere; London, Paris, Marbella, New York, Los Angeles, Acapulco, Rio ... I'll keep dreaming ...

19. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Anywhere there is different terrain, lots of trees, and few people.

Oddly enough, that may mean Iowa.