jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Gaylord Palms ICE! show pictures!

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Once again I've taken some great pics for my tourist site. I took some friends to the Gaylord Palms ICE! show.

They truck in 600 million lbs. of ice blocks, then artisans from China or somewhere make them into lit up, colored ice sculptures. Here's a peek, I took a hundred.

By contrast, here's a bit of the giant atrium that is INSIDE the Gaylord Palms. Yes, it's a big hotel! 

Hope you like them, I'll have a big slide-show of the full size pics in my tourist site soon. smile

1. Teegan E. Ross profile image60
      Teegan E. Rossposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Gaylord Texan Ice Exhibit was Charlie Brown's Christmas this year - loved it!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

wow, beautiful. is that at the convention center? 
    oh, now I see, it's at the hotel.

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, it's at the Gaylord Palms hotel near Disney. It's a giant hotel, one of the biggest. If you go to my site and look in the left sidebar under events, you'll see a link to the ICE! article so you can read all about it.

It cost 25 bucks but it's worth it, very nice. smile

3. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

AWESOME pics Bill.  Sounds like a great event to experience.  Is that near Disney LA?

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. No this is the one near Disney World in Florida. However I know there are other Gaylord Palm hotels that also do this ice show. They are doing a big one in the D.C. area this year.

1. travelespresso profile image82
        travelespressoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cheers!  Sounds like it's worth every cent of that $25 and more!

4. puter_dr profile image84
    puter_drposted 5 years ago

I saw this in Orlando a few years ago. It was something else, and I would recommend it to anyone next year. The only thing that is annoying are the lines.

5. scubadoggy profile image60
    scubadoggyposted 5 years ago

That's an amazing show, I saw it at the Gaylord in Orlando a few years ago...  My sister actually worked the show two years ago, can't wait to see it again!

6. all-about-orlando profile image59
    all-about-orlandoposted 5 years ago

Hi There

This is the first year I missed the ICE show since 2005, only because our flight from Dublin to Orlando got cancelled due to snow, so instead of Christmas in Orlando we got there for the New Year, but I think ICE finished on 2nd Jan.  Love it.  Hope to go this year (if we win the lottery)