jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Is "climate change" the new word for global warming?

1. MSantana profile image81
      MSantanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Climate change refers to alterations of the climate in an ample sense. These processes happen at different scales and include global warming. We say that greenhouse gases cause 'global warming' or  greenhouse effect. Imagine being inside a greenhouse it is warm inside there compare to the outside environment. Global warming is more of the greenhouse effect. It refers to the increase in temperature and the corresponding alterations such as ice melting at the poles and mountains. It also increase of the level of water in the ocean that may threaten lowland places/peoples.
      Climate change is more ample as a term than global warming. When we refer to climate change we include all the alterations caused by global warming plus other climate alterations. In some places the temperatures are actually expected to drop instead of increase. Climate change include a variety of climate alterations, such as flooding, droughts, ice melting and for example changes in ecosystem composition (adaptation to climate change--plant or animal migrations or local extinctions, arrival of fast colonizers). 
      There is more to both terms than I exposed here yet I hope this helps. Even if you will see these terms used as interchangeable, now you know they aren't the same.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

It is a new word for spam I guess big_smile

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

OH! Global spamming. smile