jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

It's Raining in Jeddah

1. travel_man1971 profile image78
    travel_man1971posted 5 years ago

La Nina phenomenon is invading even the Middle East, known for its massive desert areas. Flooding is everywhere...Pakistan, Australia, Brazil, Philippines and now Jeddah. I've seen the news last night (17Jan2011) on how people got amazed of this new challenge for them...the flood. Much more affected were those overseas workers, mostly Filipinos and migrants living in tents ready to be repatriated in due time having no place to sleep. All because of the flood.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Got a little in NW U.S. too. Thinking about building a boat. Naw...already been done.

2. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We've had 24 hours of rain in Qatar too. Most years we get about three rainy days, usually in early Feb, and mainly short sharp cloudbursts. But this continuous rain is a new trick. With no surface drainage on the roads, it's creating havoc!

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Seems Mother Nature is having a good old tantrum the last year or so. So many people, affected, displaced - and losing much. I've seen flood damage close up in the south of the UK - it's nasty stuff.

3. Amanda Severn profile image89
    Amanda Severnposted 5 years ago

It's been raining on and off for days here in the South-East corner of the UK, but that's normal! Today it's sunny, and it's good to see the blue skies up above. I keep seeing flood news on the television This morning I see that Victoria, Australia is in trouble, and that there has been an earthquake in Pakistan. Mother Nature is pulling out all the stops just lately.