jump to last post 1-27 of 27 discussions (40 posts)

Your favourite country??

1. wilsontom profile image58
    wilsontomposted 5 years ago

India. Am proud to be an Indian. i love because of variety of cultures and lovely natural beauty with Delicious cuisines.

1. superwags profile image81
      superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

India's more of a continent than a country! Where in India?!

2. webgain profile image60
      webgainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am also India. We Love our India.

3. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

FRANCE for me. I've been there 3 times on holiday in the South.

2. superwags profile image81
    superwagsposted 5 years ago

Thailand; beautiful scenery, friendly people, beaches, nature etc.

1. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I second this! big_smile

3. Mama Sez profile image86
    Mama Sezposted 5 years ago

Of course I love The Philippines...but among the few countries I have visited, my favorite is Brazil.  I love the weather there, the scenery and the beautiful people smile

4. Fullstopindia profile image60
    Fullstopindiaposted 5 years ago

5. wheelinallover profile image82
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

Costa Rica, Beautiful scenery, good weather, and people in certain areas live long useful lives.

I wouldn't mind seeing the whole world but would not like to do it as my father did. He spent years as the belly gunner in a B 29 and was stationed in Africa, India, South America, and China. I know also that he was in England, New Zealand and Australia, but not sure why.

6. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

The USA.  Hands down.  I've been in a few countries and always was grateful to be home.  This is not a statement meant to be rude, but one of truth.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't ever feel you have to apologize for loving America, I too feel it is the best Country on earth.

7. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Australia! Modern, progressive and successful, great schools, wonderful free health scheme, generous corporations....even in these times.
    Bags of sunshine, fascinating huge coastline. I could go on. smile

1. 70
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey earnest, what's happenin?
      I agree Australia is a great country.  At least from what I have read and heard.  I desperately want to come and visit, but I'm just working to hard to get away.  I would like to solve the mystery of whatever happened to blondepoet though.  Perhaps she was abducted by a bunch of bananas, who knows. smile

2. freecampingaussie profile image45
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Snorkeling with turtles , seeing crocodiles , exploring gorges,catching fish, free camping,wide open spaces, Sydney Harbour.............. !! Love New Zealand , Wales , France as well !!

8. mauihawaii profile image61
    mauihawaiiposted 5 years ago

9. 0
    Valemanposted 5 years ago

Scotland, for the stunning landscapes.

1. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thought i would get a plug in for my tshirt business smile

10. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

followed by...

followed by....

1. OutWest profile image60
      OutWestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Brazil is now my favorite. lol

11. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

England, it attracts me, it calls me to come back and I've never even been there. It's so strange, I cannot explain that. One day I have to go there and see for myself.

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Come over Home Girl, and I will show you around London! Apart from the beauties of the UK, which are many and varied for such a small country, I would have to say that my favourite country is Australia.

Maybe because it is the land of my birth, but I just love the wide empty spaces, the beaches, sunshine and animals.

12. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Viva Brazil!

13. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

The United States, followed by Spain (in the summer)

14. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 5 years ago

Viva the USA, though I'd give England another visit any old time.  I've never been to Spain, poor me.

15. 0

I wanted to go to England since 12 years old. How the heck I ended up in Canada? Too late now. I am a Canadian citizen, for better or for worse, you know. When I see images of old cities of England I just melt like an ice cream on a hot Canadian day... big_smile

16. 0

I cannot get over it.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Follow your heart I say smile

17. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Hey Greek One,

Guess where I have just been?

the land of your ancestors?

18. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 5 years ago

My favorite country would be the United States. The country has many places to explore and depending what type of weather you like you can go to that specific state. For example if you like tropical type weather then you can go to Florida. If you need to be in the mountains you can go the Appalacian Mountain Range or to the Rockies.    If you like arrid,dry, and desert lanscdape we have the desert in California.  I am not saying that the other countries don't have their own qualities because each of them do present character and culture.

19. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

My own country (UK) aside, I would have to go for a particular region in a country, that being Bavaria in the extreme South of Germany. I am not quite so enthusiastic about the North of Germany, though I do enjoy visiting. It is incredibly clean and safe, the people are really friendly, the food is fabulous - and of course, the bier... big_smile

20. 59
    bsharmaposted 5 years ago

Nepal. The beautiful country with Himalayas (including the Mount Everest) in the North and India on the South, East and West.

21. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago

New Zealand is home and I am 100% Kiwi made.

The Pacific Ocean or several of NZ's abundant rivers were our supermarket.

Lush deep forests, and hills provided meat and days and days of educational field trips.

Where else can you be and experience snow capped mountains, sundrenched beaches and vibrant modern cities all in the same day!

Bay Of Islands-New Zealand

22. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

These, United States Of America, of course.

The greatest nation in the history of Mankind.

23. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

The U.S as I have never been out of it...lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Least yer honest wink

24. 0
    Kieran Gracieposted 5 years ago

Have lived and worked in many countries but, for overall quality, the island of Madeira beats them all.  Spectacular scenery and temperate climate in a sub-tropical position, no snakes or scorpions (my primal fear), no crime, friendly and happy people. Living here is like a taste of paradise.

25. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I love to travel and have stayed long enough in different places to understand the lifestyle. I wouldn't trade the USA for anything in the world. smile

26. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I'm from the UK, but I loved Thailand..you get to see how eloquent cultures still exist without a McDonalds on every corner wink

27. shantyjoshan profile image60
    shantyjoshanposted 5 years ago

pretty difficult to answer this question. i think it would be italy for me..