jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

live in the caribbean or live in the uk?

1. hinazille profile image85
    hinazilleposted 5 years ago

which would you prefer & why?

1. 0
      wendy87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was in caribbean last year. i would prefer caribbean..because people here are cool ....and beaches are like heaven,clean and glowing.... love caribbean..

hinazilleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

its true wendy...where abouts in the caribbean did you visit?

1. 0
          wendy87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i visited cities:-

Santo Domingo
          Santiago de los Caballeros

Havana was best.......

if you dont mind me asking how much did the package cost you and what did it offer?

2. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 5 years ago

once been to the uk and it didnt just work for me. I don't like the uk. Moreso am a huge basketball fan but I think the major sports over there is soccer. Too bad. I will however recommend you go to the uk if you want a place to live because I feel they have opportunities more than the caribbeans but if for holidays or sight seeing, straight to the caribbeans. I love bahamas

you are right in the more opportunities thing - but you can never really be relaxed or free in the UK...its a constant hustle...

i mentioned the caribbean, but Dominica (a small island within the Caribbean) is a hidden gem...i think if nature lovers knew about its benefits they would be flocking here in hundreds! have you ever heard of Dominica? i hadnt before i met my husband and moved there...!

1. 60
        thechirogirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was actually born in Dominica, but live in the states. My husband and I are actually looking to move there for a more off the grid lifestyle. Hina, how long have you lived there?

2. 0
        ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whilst I would choose the Caribbean over the UK any day of the week, as long as I had the nice beachside home and some money to go with it, I would be interested to know what part of the UK you lived or live in.

When you say "its a constant hustle" I assume that you lived in a major urban area? Because where I live you can't really get too much more chilled out, slooowww pace here.

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

M-m-m-m-m, Caribbean, dream place, never had a chance... money, money,money...

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

thats like comparing the yankees payrole to the pirates or snookie to natalie portman. carribean duhhhhhhhhh!!!

5. hinazille profile image85
    hinazilleposted 4 years ago

hey everyone i happened to come across this thread whilst doing a google search & realised that you might be interested in a fresh hub i just published on Dominica. This is the island i mentioned my husband & I live on, its gorgeous...

http://hinazille.hubpages.com/hub/Domin … e-to-Visit

6. AfricaResource profile image88
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

i think i would love to live in the Caribbean for a few years, i live in the UK now and although there is everything here you need, it's expensive and a change of scenery would be wonderful!

7. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Well, a few years ago I would probably have said Caribbean, because I like to be warm.

However, despite the cold and the rain, I've totally fallen in love with Wales since escaping here from England four years ago. The more I immerse myself into Welsh culture, the more joy I receive back in return. I do not wish to live anywhere else now except in my small house overlooking the valley of Treorci/Cwm Parc and the Bwlch mountain beyond.