jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Whats your thoughts On Maine

1. rorymullen profile image60
    rorymullenposted 5 years ago

If you where to visit Maine what is your first thoughts. Where would you visit and why. Maine is called the vacation state, Would you Vacation there.

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been to Main since '76.  Actually, I was born in Portland.  I have very fond memories of Maine.  I'm sure it's much more urban these days but I'd love to visit the Portland area.  There used to be beautiful lighthouses all along the coast.

God, I miss it... sad

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

That’s in Australia, right? Too far for me.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

3. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

Stephen King has taught me it is incredibly hazardous to live in Maine, visit Maine, be near Maine, know someone from Maine, or, in fact, to even think about Maine at all.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Ha ha, very funny Len Cannon! But Cabot Cove is ok (unless you are a bad guy, then Jessica will find you out!)

Maine is a beautiful and diverse state. Lots of lakes.
    Coastline is absolutely beautiful (quintessentiallly New England). If you like lobster, Maine's heaven on earth.
    Personally, my suggestion would be to fly into Boston and drive to Maine along the NH coast. It's not that far!!!
    Agree with Goldenpath, Portland is a cool city.
    But of course it depends on what kind of activities you like.
    One word of caution: If you're expecting a "beach vacation"  you'd better like your ocean COLD. Cuz up above Cape Cod the Atlantic is brrrrrrrrrrrr........

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

*Doh* I KNEW I should have checked out your profile before answering. So you are FROM Maine!!
    Ok then, rorymullen. What do YOU like about Maine???

6. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

We used to spend a couple of weeks each year in Rangeley, Maine. Really beautiful spot. I've actually got a hub about Maine and some of the different off the beaten path spots. Feel free to take a look.

7. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago

I like their Maine Lobsters...that's about all I know about 'em. (Technically...are their Lobsters really found ib Maine...or the ocean?)