jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

which is the best sightseeing place in india and where it is?

1. flinpeterson profile image61
    flinpetersonposted 5 years ago

which is the best sightseeing place in india and where it is? please help me if u can.

1. ravinderkapil profile image73
      ravinderkapilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

India has so many places suited for everybody. whether you are with your family or with friends. There are Srinagar and Patnitop in Kashmir, Chamba , manali and Sangla in Himachal, Kosani, Ranikhet, Almoda and Nainital in Uttaranchal and Darjling and Gangtok (Sikkim) in eastern part of India. These place gives you lush green mountains, snow covered peaks of Himalayas and colonial past. among these Manali  offers you a lot of adventurous activities.
      if you like deserts, Rajasthan is unmatchable, you find a host no. of places connected well by trains in rajasthan and gujrat.Sand dunes at Jaisalmer is icing on the cake. beside sight seeing, these places are rich in precious and semi precious stones.
      if you like sea beaches, India has one of the longest coast line in the world . The towns along this coast line has its own historical importance.
      kolkatta, puri , vizag,chennai,  pondicharry and rameshwaram in bay of bangal, kanyakumari ( the southern most point of India) at Indian ocean, Kovalum, kochi , goa and mumbai along Arabian sea are the places worth seeing. among these Goa is most Happening place.
      backwaters in kerala and hill stations of munnar and ashadmudi are best places in south. Above all, no visit can be completed to India without a visit to TAJMAHAL at Agra, a world haritage sight by UNESCO and symbol of love of an emperor.

2. about goa profile image61
    about goaposted 5 years ago

'Incredible India' may be a slogan, but it's a true one. The best sightseeing place in India? I have been travelling the subcontinent for 20 years, and i'm still a far way from having seen all of it. It's allmost impossible to choose just one from all the man made and natural wonders of India. I don't know if it qualifies as a sightseeing place, but it's my favourite place, The place I allways end up coming back to is Palolem beach in Goa, and once I get there I find it very difficult to leave again.

3. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 5 years ago

What do you say about "Calangute" beach in Goa, called the Queen of beaches? I loved it and stayed there for few whours.

4. wilsontom profile image59
    wilsontomposted 5 years ago

kerala is really a wonderful destination to hangout.

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of hubs on places to see in India. Check them out.

Best Regards

6. Fullstopindia profile image59
    Fullstopindiaposted 5 years ago

To date after 6 trips to India, my best sightseeing has been Kunzum Pass and Gwalior. This is a tough question, my list really could include 10 more places.