jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Another earthquake hits Japan: tsunami warnings issued

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

I'm getting word from friends in Japan that another earthquake just hit Miyagi. And it was a big one. A tsunami warning has already been issued.

Have the news updated on this yet? The BBC are currently silent on it (I assume because it literally just happened).

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

BBC are now confirming the earthquake. Apparently it was a 7.4 and a tsunami of 3ft is expected. For reference, Miyagi is the area the last earthquake and tsunami hit.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Not on news yet, but on twitter just now - News Flash: 7.4 Earthquake hits off coast of Japan, tsunami warning issued in Miyagi and Iwate prefecture. Japan Meteorological Agency says "Tsunamis are expected to arrive imminently"

4. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago

Oh my God...I hope this is not completely like it is being stated on here...or another severe earthquake. No news reported yet down here in Houston.  Those Poor people of that country. My heart and prayers are with them!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. manlypoetryman profile image72
        manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

AAAAGGGHHH...How terrible for that country. I just read on MSNBC that a four foot Tsunami is being warned for the vicinity of the stricken nuclear plant!!!

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

OMG!!!! How horrible

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...this is terrible!

7. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Interesting how one news source keeps saying 7.1, while another news source keeps saying 7.4.

8. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I've heard "3 feet" as to the size of the possible wave.

9. johncimble profile image60
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

Really really sad for them. I hope everything will be ok. I will visit Japan in July, it's been my dream to visit there for so long sad

working