jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

SOS - Who's heard of SummerBay Resorts? Best Vacation Ever? (Florida)

1. Artist-For-Hire profile image89
    Artist-For-Hireposted 5 years ago

I win this accom that I don't think I can use...
    It's a Summer Bay Resorts/Best Vacations Ever pro-mo...2wks accom, four adults...has a compulsory 90min preview/lunch/tour.

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of or used the resorts in the following locations: Orlando. Daytona, Costa Rica or Cancuun...also has cruise to the Bahama's, car rental etc...

What can you tell me about the resorts, holiday timeshare in Florida AND how do I sell them??  (We just don't have stuff like timeshare in Aus)

1. jjackson786 profile image91
      jjackson786posted 5 years ago in reply to this

First of all, congrats! That's a great winning.

Orlando is wonderful, and is home to Disney World. Lots of things to do down there, but it can be very expensive and tourist-ridden in the hotter months of the year.

Not much experience with Daytona.

Costa Rica is beautiful. This would probably be my top choice out of all four. Cancun is nice too, but it's gotten to be a little much in the tourism department. Think college spring breaks and such.

A timeshare is literally a certain amount of time in which you share a property with another person. You could use the timeshare to plan a vacation to your particular destination, or you could sell it. From what I know, timeshares are popular and can be sold easily. I would try a real estate agent or, if you have local newspapers like we have in Pennsylvania, you could try purchasing an advertisement and listing it in the Real Estate section.

Hope this helps!

1. Lissie profile image85
        Lissieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

actually the Gold Coast is full of dodgy time share deals!

Its an advertising push basically - you won nothing - someone got hold of your address. I wouldn't mind doing one just to see the hardcore sales tactics first hand - and to have some fun with the salesmens - but beaware that you will sold to and hard - OTOH 2 weeks in the sun - attractive!

2. Artist-For-Hire profile image89
      Artist-For-Hireposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply guys...posted this so long ago it had slipped my mind - new my fello Hubbers would come through for me in the end.

Really? I'm in WA but now that you mention it I can just imagine the Gold Coast!!

Sorry...little slow on the uptake...haven't seen OTOH before - it means what now!?

Yeah, I have a family of five...two grand a flight....it just ain't happening! Don't suppose anyone saw that episode of Southpark where the adults got roped into a "little place up in Aspen"?? Don't usually watch that sort of tripe but for some reason I saw that...

So where would be the recommend place to advertise this beauttiful holiday with money hungry business men? I'm thinking about $1000 - it's two weeks for 4 people....seems like a decent price to me but I don't know the market