jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best "unusual" places to visit in Paris?

1. flode profile image79
    flodeposted 5 years ago

I would love to hear your suggestions?

There are some truly unsusual, offbeat things to do in Paris, like visit the catacombs. There are also some strange museums like the Smoking Museum and the Playing Card museum. One can also visit the house where Victor Hugo wrote Les Miserables and see his memorabilia and writing desk.

What secret spots do yo have?

1. maya=roro profile image60
      maya=roroposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have visited Paris once ! I went to the EIFFEL TOWER and to the PLACE DE L'OPERA!  Belive me you will LOVE  the french food!

2. 61
      roothzimpyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Eiffel Tower looks amazing at night.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

a small private street in the Bastille~ I felt like I was in a scene from Les Miserables.

Les Puces de Saint-Ouen-  the most fabulous flea market I've even seen.  It is certainly worth a Sunday morning visit. I was amazed at what could be purchased!

southwest of Paris is the great Parc de Sceaux, the architecture of the grounds is truly amazing.

3. Jon Green profile image85
    Jon Greenposted 5 years ago

Back in the day you could go to the top floor of La Samaritaine department store and get an amazing view across Paris. Not sure whether it still is an option...

4. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

Pere La Chaise cemetery - tombs of colette, oscar wilde, jim morrision, many of napoleon's marshalls and other hostoric and art figures. espesially impressive is the martyrs wall where commnards made their last stand [the battle was fought in the cemetery] in 1870

easy to find, short walk from the metro

5. 0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

When I was in Paris many years ago, I was taken to a small cafe where there were many international poets. It  was very interesting. I cannot remember the name of the cafe and wonder if it still exists. If you meet some friendly locals, it's likely you will find many unusual and interesting places.