jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Staycationing this Summer or Not ?

1. talfonso profile image91
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

Hello, everyone! I'm going to New Jersey (don't bash me) for the summer, despite the goshdarn gas prices giving us the pits! This brings up the question: will your summer vacations be getaways from your area/state or will it be staycations? (I have staycationed several times since moving to Florida - as a tourist state it has gobs upon gobs of things to offer!)

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image92
      ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll be staycationing this year. Usually we visit LBI in NJ but with gas prices and our limited budget, it just won't be happening. Enjoy Jersey!

2. 59
      MoverReviews21posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Staycationing for sure. Staying at home is a much better option for me rather than traveling around in summers.

2. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 5 years ago

I live on the beach so we typically stay home in the summer and travel in the winter.

talfonsoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow - neat! Have a great staycation!

3. 60
    ForYourInfoposted 5 years ago

For this summer staycationing  is one and only option for me.OOO,its so relieving !!!!!!

4. TattooVirgin profile image60
    TattooVirginposted 5 years ago

I'm still thinking and weighing options, looking forward to some good ideas generated here.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

..vacationing for me....heading out 'for some nice hot and dry summer'...summer's are cool where i am...cooler than what i want and am used to

It's the inverse for me - FL is too hot (and too easy to staycation there), so NJ is a bit cooler.

6. Happyboomernurse profile image89
    Happyboomernurseposted 5 years ago

Will definitely be "staycationing" this summer as we live in Southern Delaware near the beaches and there's tons of free concerts and fun things to do, like kayak, bike ride, fish, etc. Just got the summer events schedule and am posting it on my refrigerator as a quick reference.

7. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Staycationing/No-Cationing---same thing to me this year. lol

8. Myrtle Beach Golf profile image74
    Myrtle Beach Golfposted 5 years ago

Fortunately, I live in Myrtle Beach so I will absolutely be "staycationing". I recently moved to the area from Cleveland,Ohio and couldn't be happier.

I do get "beach-fever" if you can believe it or not, and tend to travel North in the winter months.

Tip:  I do know that some vacation rentals companies in my area are offering $100 gas cards to all of their customers who reserve a condo with them. I know this won't be a game changer for people thinking about vacationing, but at least it will help those who have already made the commitment.

9. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Everything I need is right here, summer is hot, hot, hot and that's one huge reason I live here. There's a pool out my patio door and the beaches, water sports, are within a 30 minute drive.
    Even though I work during the summer, it has a different feel, it's more casual.

I like to do the northeast in the fall.

Cool! Florida is perfect for staycations, despite having a large number of tourist traps! (laughs)