jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

1. JSParker profile image87
    JSParkerposted 5 years ago

We're driving from Detroit to Montreal and staying at least a few nights.  On a reasonably modest budget, where do you recommend we stay and what should be the "must do, must see" items on our itinerary?

1. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would stop en route and enjoy the weekend in Toronto instead! lol  smile

I will let a Montrealer respond (even though I touched on the subject in one of my hubs)....

but I think the question is what are your interests and when are you planning on going?  Montreal hold various festivals that you may or may want to check out depending on your interests and time of arrival.

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think there is anything in Toronto what they do not have in Detroit, Greek One. Talk to a travel agent. They should know.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

CN Tower and Kennsington Market! I love me some Toronto smile

2. thaivalentine profile image59
      thaivalentineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do hotwire or priceline - I always pick 5 or 4 star and the Grand Hyatt across from the Opera House on St. Catherine's is always offering rooms on the site.  Was very pleased with the hotel. 

You must visit Old Montreal, its the most beautiful section of the city -its like being in Europe.  Then travel up to Mount Royale -their version of Central Park with neice views of the city on top of the mountain.

Rue St. Laurent is great for dining - try referencing a Michelin guide for Yelp for suggestions