jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Where would you recommend as an economical ski holiday?

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

I went skiing for the first time this year and absolutely loved it and despeately want to go back next year. However I want to go somewhere different (I went to Pamporovo Bulgaria this year) At present I'm considering a return to Bulgaria due to it's great value although don't want to go to the same resort twice as think there's so much more to see.

Does anyone have any other economical recommendations as going to the French Alps seems to be double the price?

1. danyadd profile image61
      danyaddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

economical, i would look for what is most local to you and compare prices

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

You could try Andorra in the Pyrenees? Usually quite cheap and duty free!

3. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Thanks danyadd. Scotland is most 'local' to myself however is definitely not cheap. I could do a weekend in Scotland for what it cost me to go to Bulgaria last winter for a week. Andorra does look good CMHypno .I've heard Kranska Gora, Slovenia is good too,

Any more suggestions?

1. profile image60
      Karin Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My family is as budget as they come and we always went to Bulgaria.  You can't beat the prices!

2. recommend1 profile image70
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bite the bullet, spend a bit more and go to Livigno in Italy, it is one of the cheapest resorts and is duty free, so it is cheap when you get there also - and the atmosphere is amazing.

working