Your experiences with American Airlines?

1. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 5 years ago

Does it seem like American Airlines is providing worse and worse service?

I volunteer once per week at DFW Airport, and I have seen some examples of this lately as I tried to help passengers.  On a personal level, I had a bad experience with AA last year as I tried to return from Colorado on a flight.

I live only a few miles from American corporate headquarters, and I know that the problems can't be limited to American.  Perhaps they are just the most visible, egregious example that I can find.

Your thoughts?

1. lime light power profile image60
      lime light powerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Airline travel in general these past few years has simply gotten worse across the board, not just American. I loath having to get on a plane these days and avoid it whenever I can.

1. gracenotes profile image93
        gracenotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, lime light.  The other day, I was trying to help a couple who got stranded the whole afternoon by American.  No reason other than the flight wasn't full, so AA canceled it.  I told them to get with Virgin America Airlines, and they did make it to Los Angeles finally, on an evening flight.

This happened during a time when lots of people were going to college graduations, as was their case.  I'm glad I was able to help them so they didn't miss the most important part of their trip.