Best places to live

1. TKs view profile image60
    TKs viewposted 5 years ago

Where is the best climate you ever lived?  If you left there, why?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Southern Africa, in Swaziland. 

Hot in summer, but the evening always brought thunderstorms which cleared the air and cooled everything down again, so no trouble sleeping - and there was always the swimming pool to cool down during the day.

It didn't rain at all from May to September - just crisp, cool mornings with the occasional frost, clearing to a vibrant blue vaulted sky without a trace of cloud, and warming up to perfect barbecue weather by lunchtime.  And of course, because you knew it wouldn't rain, you could plan outdoor events with total confidence.

Why did I leave?  Life in a developing country is tough, however gorgeous the climate.

2. TKs view profile image60
    TKs viewposted 5 years ago

Thanks Marisa. I love thunderstorms. Here in the U.S. close to the Southern Rockies we get them for a few mounths a year, or we used to.  I've lived here for over twenty years and it seems the rains come more seldom now. Add to that,the potential for snow in 8 out of 12 months makes for very short growing seasons and no leaves on the trees.
    I'm starting to feel the urge to move from here, so I'm grateful for your feedback.