jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is Asheville North Carolina a great place to relocate?

1. Fullerman5000 profile image81
    Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago

Me and some friends are planning to move to Asheville next year. We have been discussing this for quite sometime. Is it a great place to move to?

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

From what I've heard yes. It's a beautiful area. I've heard it's somewhat artsy and upper scale than you would expect to find in that part of the country. I've never heard anything but good from anyone that has lived or visited there.

Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah, i have not heard anything bad about that place. and i love mountains. being from louisiana you dont see those much.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I loved it when we lived near there and worked there.

Besides what Emile has mentioned, it does have a wide range of types of people, including very conservative people as well as the free spirit types.  My brother-in-law calls it the Hippie Capital of the World.

Just be sure you learn to drive like a mountaineer.  They don't like the way the Flatlanders drive.  lol  (Standard transmission works great in the mountains.)

Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

good advice. i have some expierence with some mountain driving. alot of my relatives live in pennsylvania. plus i visit pigeon forge alot. but great advice.

working