jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Page 1 of 2 Man Nears End of 80-Day Stay at Vancouver Airport

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Man Nears End of 80-Day Stay at Vancouver Airport

Meet the person who is voluntarily spending more than two months in an airport. Find out why he's doing it, and how he spends his time.

By Jeremy Hainsworth, AP
    It's like the movie "The Terminal," only it's real. A man has been living in the Vancouver airport since Aug. 17  at the airport's invitation.

"I can't leave. I'm stuck here," Jaeger Mah explained to an airport volunteer who invited him to a party outside the airport Nov. 3.

Since the party happens to fall on the last of Mah's 80 days at the airport, he added, "Perhaps I could come after midnight."

Mah, 29, embarked on his unusual sojourn as the winner of a contest sponsored by the airport to mark its 80th year. The airport invited anyone willing to living there to submit a video application, and five of the 160 entries were posted online for a public vote.  Mah, an entrepreneur with a video company and a background in entertainment marketing, dubbed himself "the Anderson Cooper of YVR" and won with 4,128 votes out of thousands cast.
    http://www.bing.com/travel/content/sear … ORM=HPTRAv

it may be pleasant if one could use the private clubs and facilities but the thought of me  living in most airports is horrifying!

1. manthy profile image77
      manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is crazy - i guess they don't have anything better to do with their life

1. Stacie L profile image86
        Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

some people are very hungry for attention.anyone can get some notoriety in today's media sensation world..wink

1. manthy profile image77
          manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Obviously not - Geez

working