jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Why should men travel?

1. profile image0
    PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago

Ah...tough question??

1. Chaotic Chica profile image82
      Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Travel is important for many reasons.  It is one thing to read about a place but many find that actually going there far surpasses what their minds imagined. Travel to places outside of a person's native habitat keeps a person from getting bored, it helps them to appreciate what they have at home and helps them to be more understanding of other people and their cultures thus creating a more well-rounded individual.  Traveling keeps one's mind engaged and learning.  These combinations tend to lend themselves to greater overall tolerance of people as a whole which is never a bad thing.

1. profile image0
        PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

True. Very good. But we need money to travel. Whatever...I am joking roll

We only need money to travel well, that is to say easier, and, often, legally as many places prohibit hitchhiking.  smile  If one is willing to be mostly uncomfortable, travel can be both free (or exceedingly cheap) and spiritually, emotionally, intellectually stimulating.

1. profile image0

Forcefully agreed sad  ...that one sounded a lot like Gautama Buddha smile ...who had no mind to travel roll

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

1. profile image0

sad

2. intraaction profile image61
        intraactionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

every man want to get money so all man's are run for money. every where and anyone.

2. ciaron davies profile image79
    ciaron daviesposted 5 years ago

It broadens the mind and gives us new incites to the world and our own cultures by experiencing others.
    And its also fun.

Exactly right! smile

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

To keep up with the women who travel? smile

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

I actually have travelled far more than any of the men with whom I've had longer-term relationships over my whole life.

However, I've become less enamoured of it now. Being a "tourist" is pretty much the same wherever you go. Also, air travel has deteriorated so much that I hate it with a passion now.

I now prefer to spend my time and money going to interesting events and workshops, primarily in my own country rather than flying out to see yet more tourist sights so I can tick off on some list or other.

1. Kurant82 profile image77
        Kurant82posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have done quite a bit of traveling myself. Last year alone I spent new years eve in New York City times square three days latter I was in memphis, tennessee for three, days then took off to houston texas for two days, then deparated for Kansas City were i spent the following 8 days before heading home. This was not for business or anything like that, I did it more so just to do it. Also in 2010 I flew out to San Diego California on a whim from Florida spent two months there then decided to take the grey hound bus back to tallahassee, Florida from San Diego California. talk about a journey. I have also studied abroad in London, Paris, Florence,Rome, Delphi, Athens, and oh yes of course Amsterdam and I am still only 29 years old and what I have mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg & I am a guy as well. Love traveling!

2. profile image0

That is called the smell of feminism...   sad

humanity means what? roll

1. 2uesday profile image88
        2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Equality is different to feminism (a term used in the past sometimes in a derogatory way).

1. profile image0

Ah...let's go political neutral

4. Kurant82 profile image77
    Kurant82posted 5 years ago

Because in this life you only have one shot at living and it all could be taken away from you in the blink of an eye without any warning whatsoever. So travel and experience everything this world has to offer, soak it up, because in life we simply dont have time for the motto "shoulda, coulda, woulda!" Life is an experience. Live it!

5. johncimble profile image62
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

Builds character?

working