jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Where have you enjoyed visiting the most?

1. NiaG profile image92
    NiaGposted 5 years ago

And would you consider moving there?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've always had a fondness for all things British and have been to England a couple of times.  I've considered living there but moving to another country is a huge step.  If I were younger, maybe I wouldn't think about it so much but now the question is "how do I get all my stuff there?

2. MickeySr profile image87
      MickeySrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I kind of don't like cities . . . the busyness, the compact proximity of those who have much and those who have nothing,  the lack of green, etc . . . I prefer small village living - however, San Francisco is the one city that I delight rather than cringe to visit.

3. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Paris. My goodness, it's a giant cultural theme park for grown ups.

2. Claudia Tello profile image89
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

Gili Trawangan in Indonesia, I loved this place because of its natural beauty, simple, uncomplicated life style and friendly people. I have always wanted to live near the sea and there is no ocean as beautiful as the one that surrounds this tiny island.  When I was there, I kept thinking about how wonderful it could be if I could stay there forever….. I even wrote a hub about this magical little piece of earth.

3. OutWest profile image59
    OutWestposted 5 years ago

I loved Hong Kong.  A great city and excellent culture.

4. johncimble profile image60
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

Koh Chang island. It's Thailand's largest island and not over developed or many people. I think it is also a national park, really nice to relax and take a break from everything.

I've heard Thailand is a beautiful place and the people as well.

1. johncimble profile image60
        johncimbleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah i think so the place are beautiful and yes people are really friendly!

2. emichael profile image81
        emichaelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would love to visit Thailand.

2. Ployie profile image60
      Ployieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes am agree! and i'm going to Koh Chang on the next week big_smile

5. iamholm profile image77
    iamholmposted 5 years ago

Tahiti for the climate and beauty. I would love to step outside every morning and take a dip in the crystal blue waters. Monaco is another of my favorite places because of it's multi-national flair and convenient location to many European destinations. Too bad both are so very expensive!

I hear you.  What an idealistic lifestyle.  I'm kind of torn between the islands and the urban.  But I like your idea of living in a place that offers both, like Monaco.  Beach, mild weather, contemporary cultural living, access to amenities, and no tidal waves.

6. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Fall - the Blue Ridge Mountains

Rest of the year - Gulf beaches in Florida

My trips to the Caribbean have also been enjoyable, but I wouldn't want to live there. When I win the lottery or write that best-selling novel, I'm going to have a home in the mountains and one on the beach!! lol

7. emichael profile image81
    emichaelposted 5 years ago

I haven't done a lot of international traveling, but I visited paris for a week with some friends and absolutely loved the city. If I ever learned French, I could definitely live there.

As far as somewhere in the states, I love Tennessee.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tennessee is gorgeous, and so is North GA and western NC!

1. emichael profile image81
        emichaelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been to North Carolina once. I went camping there with my family years ago and it was absolutely beautiful.

working