jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

best travel destinations in southeast asia

1. Kiara Dearest profile image60
    Kiara Dearestposted 4 years ago

Please share with me some good places for vacation in Southeast Asia. I heard Philippines and Thailand are cool!

1. adriannemolin profile image59
      adriannemolinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My family and I celebrated the yuletide season last year on <a href="http://www.enjoyphilippines.com/"> Puerto Azul</a>, which is one of the <a href="http://www.enjoyphilippines.com/"> tourist spots in the Philippines. </a> It has a crystal clear sea which is very ideal for snorkeling. We get to enjoy every moment there because of the clement weather which is surely to be enjoyed by every holiday makers.

Kiara Dearestposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info. I also found similar but more informative site at w w w . geotravelphilippines . c o m

I discovered the beauty of Philippines just in the website but more could I experience if I really go there?

I am very excited these days. Thank you.

2. 0
      Charlinexposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been to Thailand and written a hub about it. Never been to the Philipines.

Malaysia is also very nice.

2. Kiara Dearest profile image60
    Kiara Dearestposted 4 years ago

There are many recommendations in these places but I think we should ask more ideas from concrete description through forum.

3. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 4 years ago

Thailand is a very popular spot because they Thais welcome people from every nationality and nation. Almost the same with the Phillipines

Kiara Dearestposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hi whoisbid,

Yes, I believe Southeast Asian are hospitable. I have been to many places and I knew good people make a difference.

Kiara smile

4. Global-Chica profile image93
    Global-Chicaposted 4 years ago

I think it really depends on what time of vacation you're looking for and how much time you have. Thais are really friendly and the tourism industry is developed in Thailand. You have Cambodia close by from Bangkok and the phenomenal Angkor Wat temples. There's Vietnam with the awesome Ha Long Bay, etc. I spent 2 months traveling through Southeast Asia and would be happy to answer any questions you have about the region smile

5. Claudia Tello profile image91
    Claudia Telloposted 4 years ago

Indonesia is a fantastic country and my personal recommendation; people are very kind, open and easy to deal with. I would recommend the island of Bali, and especially the town of Ubud, plus the Gili Islands, Gili Trawangan in particular. Indonesia offers the perfect balance between natural beauty, interesting and exotic culture and hospitability.
    Many people don’t consider Laos, but its capital, Luang Prabang, is amazingly charming, relaxed and romantic. I loved that place!
    Thailand is also very visitor friendly and beautiful and has the best food.
    Cambodia is a tough experience and sometimes sad, but the greatness of Angkor Wat is worth the visit.
    I have written quite a few hubs with overviews of Southeast Asia destinations, if you would like to see through my experience, please go ahead and read them, they have also many pictures for you to get an idea.

6. moiragallaga profile image85
    moiragallagaposted 4 years ago

The Philippines is a great place to visit. Don't try to spend too much in the capital, Metro Manila, it's just like any other big city. Try to get out to the provinces where it's more laid-back and hospitable. Our beaches are up there with the best, and if you dive, we got some very good dive sites.