jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are Airline Passengers This Stupid?

1. Cassie Smith profile image78
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

The Fickes family is claiming US Airways discriminated against them because they had too many children.  The Fickes are Mom and Dad and four children.  Each child is under four years old: one 3-yr-old, twin 20-month old, and one 8-month old.  They only bought three tickets because they were planning for Mom and Dad to take one twin each as a lap child and the three year old was going to have the 8-month old as a lap child. Huh???!!!!

What the heck would have happened if there was an emergency?  How could they be so cheap and irresponsible?  They weren't being discriminated against, a lap child has to be in the company of an adult.  Were they thinking that one of the other adult passengers were going to be responsible for two of their children?  And they were traveling during the Christmas rush!

1. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No discrimination here, just plain old common sense. Parents have responsibility for their children.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Airlines have very explicit policies and they did not follow them.  I am not at all sympathetic.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago

First of all, US Airways is my least favorite major airline. They have terrible planes, terrible service, and awful incentives. That said, I absolutely agree with them here. I've always hated when parents abused the lap child policy, and this case is particularly egregious. Was there a good reason why they were flying with 3 children under the age of 2? That's just being disrespectful to the other people stuck on the plane with them.

4. moiragallaga profile image86
    moiragallagaposted 4 years ago

They were going to let their 3 yr old child deal with his/her 8 month old sibling as a lap child? What were these people thinking? It is just mind-boggling to think that parents would consider that type of scenario. There may be grounds to complain about airlines nowadays but in this case, the airline is not to be blamed.

5. abbysonmartin profile image60
    abbysonmartinposted 4 years ago

airline passengers not stupid? and well educated and business person high level people.

6. Night Magic profile image61
    Night Magicposted 4 years ago

Rules are rules and should be followed by everyone.  I don't know how they can claim discrimination.