jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why Is It More Fun In The Philippines?

1. anjperez profile image82
    anjperezposted 5 years ago

It Is More Fun In The Philippines is new tourism campaign of the Philippines for it's international market. It was released only a few days ago. Got mixed (good, bad) reviews from the people. However, after a careful explanation of the DOT Chairman and the support of local an international celebrities, the slogan slowly crept into the minds of the Filipino people.

Tourism service providers have done a great deal supporting this campaign. Which I am convinced  that this campaign will be successful.

Some of the support were like:

GETTING LOST IS MORE FUN IN THE HUNDRED ISLANDS PANGASINAN PHILIPPINES
    BOAT RIDES ARE MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES
    SNORKLING IS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES

If you have been to the Philippines or planning to visit the Philippines, what is it that you think that It is more fun in the Philippines?

1. travel_man1971 profile image78
      travel_man1971posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've seen and heard the news on television, too. I am planning to make a hub regarding this new campaign of DOT in the Philippines. big_smile

2. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Having your car fixed in the Philippines is more fun!! Just been charged over 3000 for some work and testing on my cylinder head only to find that they did nothing and charged me anyway - the "mechanic"'s brother owns the machine shop!! Then they tried to put it all back incorrectly and destroyed a new 1500 gasket.. so now my problems are worse not better......

Otherwise I love the Philippines and my Filipina wife and my beautiful new baby..

3. anjperez profile image82
    anjperezposted 5 years ago

hahaha! LeanMan, this is so funny. so true yet so Filipino. but do not worry, not only foreigners get treated that way. we also have our own share of this treatment. Still it is more fun in the Philippines.

Kidding aside, this campaign is so working in ways unimaginable. It is becoming a catch phrase. which still makes it more fun in the Philippines.

4. Cassie Smith profile image75
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

Doesn't the Philippines like some other developing countries like Vietnam and Thailand have a thriving sex industry and it's part of some sex tourism circuit?  The slogan can also be used as a bad joke, like:

Herpes is more fun in the Philippines
    Sexually Transmitted Diseases are more fun in the Philippines
    Kinky sex is more fun in the Philippines

etc.

working