jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

President Obama unveils plans to boost tourism

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Obama, in Florida, unveils plans to boost tourism
    Associated Press By JULIE PACE

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida (AP)  President Barack Obama planted his political flag in Florida on Thursday ahead of the state's Jan. 31 Republican presidential primary, promising a fresh boost to the economy by making it easier for foreign tourists to travel to the U.S.

well if president Obama wants to boost the economy by promoting touriism,why don't we hear from our hubbers what tourists from other countries should do and see in their own state.
    Since I'm living in Kentucky,I'll recommend the Mammoth Caves National Park.
    who's next?
    smile http://www.nps.gov/maca/index.htm

1. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Long Island, New York: majestic, beautiful, and my home for 72 years.
      Listen to Billie Joel and see for yourself...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoj6LHyB … r_embedded

Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hey I grew up there..and just came back from a visit.
        except for the high taxes and congested roads, its great!wink

2. hush4444 profile image74
      hush4444posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If Obama truly wants to boost tourism, why doesn't he start in his birth state of Hawaii?  Tourism here has been depressed for years.  Oh, that's right - Hawaii doesn't really count in the election since the votes are tabulated long before the polls close here, and we certainly don't have a Republican Primary.

But, in answer to your question, I would recommend Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the North Shore of Oahu, Hanauma Bay, Waikiki Beach, and the observatories on Mauna Kea.

Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.it looks so beautiful ,at least on TV! big_smile

1. hush4444 profile image74
          hush4444posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is beautiful and I hope you get to visit!

2. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago

Honestly? I think Obama is a bit clueless on that one. America is so well known that the tourist market is running at 100% already. If people aren't coming here, it's a) either they're not interested b) the strength of the dollar against other countries makes the US unreachable.

To me, this is a diversionary tactic.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It's nothing more than a political move. That's what politicians do in campaign years.
    Florida is in early voting, the GOP is here, so of course Obama is going to make a move.

Tourism is our lifeblood in the state of Florida.

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

New Jersey has the shore area, and the NW part of the state shares the border with the Delaware Water Gap, filled with beautiful hiking trails and camping areas. We have botanical gardens at Skylands Manor, and Ringwood Manor is a beautiful mansion from the Revolutionary War days. Much of South Jersey is farmland. It's not all strip malls as people have been led to believe. We have lots of weird and haunted areas, made famous by Mark and Mark in their quarterly magazine, Weird New Jersey.

4. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Wisconsin is a resorter's paradise - Lake Geneva, The Dells, Door County, the list goes on and on. All are welcome! Enjoy!

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

These are wonderful suggestions for foreign tourists as well as Americans. Many  citizens do not know what wonderful places each state has. The tourism boards always show the same places,but locals know better unknown spot for sure.