jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

When flying - who gets the middle arm rest?

1. RZed profile image60
    RZedposted 4 years ago

Always been a bug bear or mine. 3 seats, 2 outer arm rests. Who gets the middle one? (and why is there only one between 2 ???)

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It was done deliberately to make fat people realise how fat they are.

2. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Nobody.  People are supposed to fold their arms across their chest and wait to die. If/when the plane safely comes to a stop on the ground, people get to get into their cars or taxis and use whatever arm rest they want when they get there.  It's a whole, big, master plan aimed at efficiency and a smooth process in the event of all possible outcomes.

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is great.

3. RZed profile image60
    RZedposted 4 years ago

Lol. Great answers. The larger body usually gets the arm rest by default. I guess the easy answer is to take an isle 'while waiting to die'.

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

Not me! lolo! But I have an issue about whose arm was there last anyway, so I never use it. I have seen some use both when they sit in the middle; but they have always been cordial. smile

5. RZed profile image60
    RZedposted 4 years ago

Yes, the quandary! I only raised the question as i was ona flight last month and both window and isle were already in use. So i eased into the middle chair to find that both window and isle had taken the liberty of having 2 arm rests. I folded arms, as frustrating as it was:)

6. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

the right-armed person gets it. You can also lower the tray table to rest your arms to manage if you site beside a big person (who also breathes heavily)