jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best weekend trip you've ever been on?

1. luse profile image80
    luseposted 4 years ago

Where, when, and with who would be great!

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I spent 3 days in Atlantic City with my girl friend and mother. It was awesome event, however, it's been years since I did it.

3. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 4 years ago

Paris - we lived in Ireland at the time and took a short jaunt via RyanAir to Paris, France. We had a fantastic time walking along the Seine and buying art from the booksellers. It was fantastic. The second best trip was to Pittsburgh (post-kids). I'm not kidding, either - Pittsburgh has fantastic museums, a world-class zoo, and was a wonderful short trip for our little family.

4. lyndre profile image81
    lyndreposted 4 years ago

New York with my wife on our 30th wedding anniversary. First and only time in America it was amazing.

5. cruising.granny profile image60
    cruising.grannyposted 4 years ago

A weekend at Moorook.  A weekend at Moorook was one of the best weekends I've had for many years.
    So what was so special about my weekend at Moorook?
    I spent it with friends, really nice friends.
    Where the heck is Moorook?
    Moorook is a small community on the banks of the River Murray in South Australia.  There's a placid camp ground on the grassy river banks.
    The friends are fellow "Grey Nomads" travelling Australia, and our paths cross every year or so, and when it does, we like to make the most of the occasion.
    This time they invited me to join them.  "How's your spare room?"
    "Fine.  See you in a couple hours."  And with that I set out for Moorook.
    The "spare room" is an awning on the side of my car where I set up a camp bed and really, literally enjoy the great outdoors of Australia.

6. Alisha405 profile image60
    Alisha405posted 4 years ago

One of my favorite weekend trips was a place that's a little more than an hour from home. We went to Quartz Mountain in Lone Wolf, Oklahoma and stayed at the Resort. The rooms were tastefully decorated with Native American art. The kids loved being outdoors and away from the city. The kids loved hiking the trails and observing the animals in their natural habitat. While Lake Altus Lugert remains very low due to last year's wildfires and record heat, it's a picturesque scene as you drive slowly through the road's curves toward the resort. My kids rank Quartz Mountain as one of their favorite trips as well (they've been to Hawaii, both Disney parks, Dallas, Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego and more).