jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

The Greatest City of the World-NEW YORK, NEW YORK

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

New York City is a city bar none.   It has great restaurants, shops, and cultural happenings.    You can experience different cultures without leaving the country.   One day, it is Thai, another day, Indian, and the third day, Italian.  Well, you understand completely.   

There are happenings not only in Manhattan.  There is the borough of Brooklyn which is one of the most happening borough around.   Brooklyn is filled with a myriad of excellent restaurants and museums.   Brooklyn is not just Coney Island and Junior's Restaurant. 

Well, what else can I say?   If you are a native New Yorker or have visited this wonderful city, in your opinion, name 10 great things about this wonderfully, illustruous city?

1. Shinkicker profile image89
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never been LOL But would love to.

I've had recurrent dreams about being in New York. My brain must be telling me something.

A great city indeed

gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+++++++++++++!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Love NYC. I haven't been in years but I loved walking around the Village, visiting used record stores (yes, it's been that long) going to a show at the Bottom Line and of course attending a Broadway show or two smile

3. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love New York City too.  Grew up near it.  Hard to match its energy.  I wrote a hub recently called What Makes New York City, New York City? <link snipped - no promotional links>

4. Rock_nj profile image89

One of the best things to do in New York City is a stroll along the newest city park, called the High Line Park, that runs along the west side of lower Manhattan on an old freight railroad line.  Read about it here:  New York City High Line Park Opens A New Section <link snipped - no promotional links>

Thank you for this information.   This summer I am really going to do a tour of my great city.   New York has SO MUCH!!!!!

1. Rock_nj profile image89

Another thing worth doing in New York is the Circle Line boat trip around Manhattan.  Great way to see the city!

2. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 4 years ago

I absolutely adore New York.

10. Pizza (Grimaldi's and John's are my favorites)
    9. Walks across the Brooklyn Bridge (something I do every time I'm there)
    8. The subway - it works 24 hours a day! And during normal hours you don't have to wait forever for a train.
    7. Union Square - hanging out watching people play chess is fun
    6. Highline Park (near the Meatpacking District)
    5. Central Park!
    4. Zabar's and Eataly - don't even have to buy/eat anything there to enjoy a stroll through them
    3. The Village
    2. The smell and energy of the place - not for everyone, but I adore both of them
    1. NEW YORKERS! smile

YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Okay, I have been nice by staying away from this thread, but now I don't feel like being so nice anymore about it. tongue

I wouldn't live in New York(either city or state), even if someone else completely paid for the location I would be living in.

I find nothing about New York special, and yes I have been there, so don't ask.

4. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Lived in NYC in late 80's and early 90's so some of this stuff may have changed or is gone.  Loved it.  In no particular order, NYC rocks because of:

The Cloisters
    New York Yankees
    Flea Markets on every empty lot
    The street of Indian restaurants in the East Village (I think it was 7th, near St. Mark's Place)
    Subways
    Fascinating and plentiful art scene
    Times Square BEFORE it became a tourist zone
    Central Park
    Greek restaurants in Astoria
    All the different neighborhoods.  Take a tour of the world in one city.

Too many more to add.
    Think it might be time to go back and visit!

working