Largest Cruise Ship in the World
Royal Caribbean international cruise liner has all the four biggest cruise ships of the world in their fleet. Until, 2009 Freedom of the Oceans was the largest cruise linear of the world.At present, oasis of the seas is world's largest cruise ship. In November 2010, another similar class of ship –allure of the seas- is expected to be launched by royal Caribbean.
Top 5 biggest cruise ships of the world
- Oasis of the seas- 2009
- Freedom of the seas- 2006
- Liberty of the seas-2007
- Independence of the seas-2008
- Queen marry-2 -2003
The ship was ordered in Feb, 2006 and its construction was completed in October 2009. In December 9, 2009 Oasis made its maiden voyage from Finland to United States
Departure and travel route of Oasis
Departure port of Oasis is Fort Lauderdale (Florida) and the on -route you will visit Nassau in Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten and back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Technical details of oasis
- Weight- 100,000 tons-this is almost twice as much as of the Titanic, 52000 tons.
- Cost-1.4 billion USD
- Length-1181 feet
- Height-236 feet
- Depth-74 feet
- Speed-41.9 kilometer/hour
- Passenger capacity-6296
Features of the ship
- Mini-golf course
- Several Night clubs
- Four swimming pools
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Living Park with 56 tress and 12,000 plants
- Science lab & computer games
- Restaurant, bars, rock-climbing walls
- Tattoo parlous & 750-seat aqua theater
Rates of Oasis of the seas
Sailing rates mostly depends on the number of travel days, travel seasons, travel destination and the categories of cabin you book for your sea cruising. For example, a 7-night cruise deal in oasis of the seas for 2 adults will coast 999 USD at minimum, exclusive of travel taxes. The same deal for the highest quality cabin in oasis costs over 2600 USD. So, pricing of sailing is a variable, which mostly depends on selected port city, departure date and level of cabin.
The cruise price normally covers all the on board entertainment facilities like games, deck parties, meals and non-alcoholic drinks. Before making your cruise booking make sure that if you need to pay any extra port charges and taxes.
Cruise travel policy
- There are restrictions on cruise travel for under aged people, and also everyone should strictly maintain the cruise travel policy while on board. If you are planning to travel with your kids you should mention the age of your kids at the time booking. Failure to provide proper age information may cost additional price imposed by the cruise authorities.
- Royal Caribbean maintains international cruising age policy. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by legal guardians and must stay with same or adjacent rooms of their parents.
- Passengers only 18 years of age or older are allowed playing in cruise casinos.
- The minimum drinking age for all type of alcoholic drinks is 21
- While on board you are not allowed to provide alcohol to any other person
- Passengers are not allowed to bring alcohol on-board for drinking or any other purpose. Alcohol purchased in ports or on board will be kept by the ship authority and will be delivered to you on the last day of your sailing on the ship.
Oasis of the Seas
Cruise Ship Oasis of the Seas Royal Caribbean
Travel documentation required
You can book a cruise seat either by online or offline. For online check-in you need to provide the following information:
- Sailing date
- Passport or other identification information of every passenger.
- Present home address
- Emergency phone number
- Credit card information
Sea voyages starting and ending at the same port in a local territory does not require any passport, except government issued birth certificate or ID cards. In case of international sailing, you need to have a passport and probably a visa, unless your home country citizen is exempted from visa requirements with your destination sailing country.
Freedom of the seas
Currently, freedom of the seas holds the position of the second largest cruising vessel of the world, with 3,634 passenger’s accommodation capacity. This ship has total 15 passenger decks, built in 2006, and owned by Royal Caribbean International
Features and facts of freedom of the seas
- Length- 1111 feet
- Height-209 feet
- Total deck-18
- Cost- 0.8 billion USD
- Speed- 40 kilometer/hour
This ship is equipped with 30 lifeboats, 75,000 light bulbs, and consumes 35,000 kg of ice in a day. The largest suite of this ship is 1220 square feet, with the capacity of 14 people.
Finally, many have misconception about the expense of cruise sailing. After checking out the price range, one must say it is affordable and cheap-at least once in a life time you might think of becoming the part of this wonderful sea voyage. I am planning for my first ever maiden sea voyage in the last of this year .Just planning….reserve now in Oasis of the Sea!
Please do not hesitate to vote!
Are you interested for cruising in Oasis of the SeasSee results without voting
More by this Author
Yahoo maps is Yahoo.com's webtool to find driving directions and traffic information to any destination of the major cities of the world.
TFL is pretty useful tool to make a smooth travel plan for your journey to UK.Though TFL is specialized for travel plan in London, but it also helps to find bus and train routes for other UK cities.
In a heterogeneous society people from different races and culture live together in peace.