Five ways to save money on vacation
Going on vacation can be very expensive if there's no proper planning done for the trip. It is important to think of possible expenses so you would know how much you will be spending. This will also minimize surprise costs along the trip. Here are some tips that can be helpful. It may not be a lot, but they're worth noting.
Five ways to save money on vacation
Here are the steps which might help you save money on vacation:
- Know where you want to go. It is important to know where you want to go. A research on the places you want to visit is a "must" so you'll know where to go and what to expect. This will help you plan for your trip to maximize your stay.
- Know what you want to do and how long you'll be on vacation. It's best to have an itinerary of the things you want to do once you're on your vacation site. Have a specific time frame as to when your departure will be and when you'll be coming back. In this way, every activity you have is within your plan and will not cause you from over spending.
- Bring as many personal effects as you can like your swimsuit, toiletries, etc. so you don't have to buy those things in your destination. It's more expensive to buy things in vacation sites as they are on special prices. It would help if you list down all the things that you need so you'll have a checklist. It will of course depend on where you're going. It is also advisable to bring an extra set of clothes in case you suddenly decide to overstay.
- Special trip packages versus anything goes. There are trip packages available in the internet. It's best if you choose a package that will include your travel expenses and hotel accomodation. In this way, you don't have to worry about looking for a cheap hotel to fit your budget. There are packages with complete offers like 2-way airplane fare, hotel accomodation, food, and tour guide. Some will have their own itinerary as well that will give you a schedule of activities while on vacation. It is also important to check on special offers like discounted rates, off-peak packages, and peak discounted packages. Book your trip ahead of time. Some airlines would give special low rate for bookings made months ahead. Although, there are backpackers who would prefer going to places without any trip packages as it allows them to freely choose. I'd say, if it's your first time to go to a place, better sign up for a trip package, and then look around to see how you can save the next time you decide to go back.
- Know your budget. After getting an overview on where you're going, what you want to do, and how long you want to be on your vacation, it's important to know how much you'll be spending. Everything should work within your budget, although it's an ideal statement, but at least try to work within. Make sure that you have an extra money with you so you'll have something to spend for emergency expenses, or if you want to buy a souvenir. It would help as well if you list down all anticipated and possible expenses from the travel fare to and fro. This way, you would know how much you needed to prevent over-spending.
- The best places to travel in the Philippines
The Philippines have 7,107 islands, which means that we have a lot of shores all over the country. This includes the famous white sand beaches like Boracay, Puerto Galera, Surigao Island, Samal Island, Bohol,...
- What to see in the City of Las Pinas, Philippines
The origin of the city's name is really not clear. Some says that it comes from the word
More by this Author
Going on a trip out of the country? Try to visit the Philippines and see what over seven thousand islands can offer.
Visiting the Philippines, particularly Metro Manila? Try going to Las Pinas and find out what the greenest and cleanest city in Metro Manila could offer.
Get rid of acute stiff neck by following 5 easy steps. These steps will help ease the pain and stiffness. If pain persists, immediate medical attention is recommended.