Best Places to travel in the Philippines
The Philippines is an archipelago having 7,107 islands. This includes the famous white sand beaches of Boracay, Puerto Galera, Surigao Island, Samal Island, Bohol, Palawan, Sarangani, Subic, Anilao, Hundred Islands, and Camarines Sur. Most of the islands have vast marine life ideal for diving and fishing. Some islands have high waves where one can enjoy surfing.
The Philippines is a tropical country so one can expect nice warm weather and green forests. The country only has two seasons - rainy and dry. The rainy season varies each year as it starts from May until late September. The rest of the months will simply be dry and warm, ideal for family outings in the beach, picnic in the parks, or hiking in the mountains.
The Filipinos are known to be hospitable, warm, and friendly. It is typical for the natives to be seen in public places offering local products to tourists. It may not always be a good deal when buying off of the streets but the experience is worth while.
The most famous white sand beach in the Philippines
The most famous white sand beach in the Philippines is in an island called - Boracay. This beach is known in the world because of the fine white sand and clear water where the sun can be best enjoyed. Tourists can enjoy not just the scenery and warm weather, but also the fun day time activities and night life. There are different travel packages available to make your travel to Boracay fun and easy at a reasonable rate.
Seven Wonders of Nature
Puerto Princesa Underground River was proclaimed as one of the Seven Wonders of Nature in January 28, 2012. This world class national park is located in Palawan. The underground river has small waterfalls inside the cave, rock formations, big bats, river channels, water holes, marine life, deep caves, and several other things and areas yet to be discovered.
When going to the Philippines, it is important to know some of the things below so one can truly enjoy its stay.
- Do a research. Depending on what you wanted to see or experience, it is better to do a quick research about the place. The Philippines has different islands with white sand beaches like the island of Boracay in Aklan, Mactan island in Cebu, Pamalican island and Puerto Pricesa in Palawan, Panglao Island in Bohol, Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte, and many more. If you want to dive you can go to Sabang Bay in Puerto Galera Mindoro, Taiei Maru Wreck in Coron Palawan, Yapak 2 in Boracay, Sombrero in Anilao, etc. You can also surf in the following spots: Baler in Aurora, San Juan in La Union, San Antonio in Zambales, etc. The country also offers numerous hiking trails in Anawangin Cove, Arayat, Banahaw, Batulao, etc. You can also visit different historical landmarks in Manila, Dapitan, Baguio, and the like.
- First time? It's advisable to get a tour package so you can be guided on where to go. Although Filipinos in nature are warm and hospitable, just like in any other countries, you might meet opportunists who can turn your should-be pleasant experience around.
- When buying souvenirs, try to haggle for the price. Locals would normally put high mark-ups on souvenir items.
- Learn a few Filipino words. This will help you build rapport with the locals. You can find an English-Tagalog (Filipino) dictionary handy.
- Bring a map.
- If you want to spend in peso, look for a trust-worthy money exchange facility. You can go to a local bank, western union, money gram, or even at the airport.
- How to lose belly fat
People read about all kinds of ways that are supposed to show how to lose belly fat. There are all kinds of wacky diets out there and exercise regimens that are supposed to be miracle workers for losing...
More by this Author
This hub outlines 10 of the most popular things that people are interested in collecting. Read through and you might find your collection in the list.
Visiting the Philippines, particularly Metro Manila? Try going to Las Pinas and find out what the greenest and cleanest city in Metro Manila could offer.
Get rid of acute stiff neck by following 5 easy steps. These steps will help ease the pain and stiffness. If pain persists, immediate medical attention is recommended.