The Text Capsule
The Text Capsule is the most fundamental and most often-used capsule on HubPages. It is the word processor-like interface where you will enter text that forms the body of your Hub.
The Text Capsule uses controls similar to those you will see in word processors and blogging platforms. Here are some tips and tricks:
- Mouse over the buttons in the menu bar to see what their function is.
- Click the HTML button if you are proficient in HTML and want to type in markup directly.
- Click the abc ? button to spell check your Hub. We strongly recommend doing this before publishing your Hub so that your Hub looks credible and professional.
- Click the “ button to insert a blockquote—if you want to clearly quote another source, such as a book or newspaper quote.
- Change the format of your text judiciously. You'll probably want to use Paragraph most of the time.
- If you right align a Text Capsule, you will have the option to give the capsule a light-blue or light-gray background. This is useful if you'd like to call out some text but not have it distract from the main body.
How to Use the Text Capsule from HubPages on Vimeo.