I am passionate about dogs. I am passionate about people. I am a California State Licensed Guide Dog Instructor (GDOMI) and have worked in the service dog industry for 23 years. I have worked with literally thousands of dogs and their owners across the country. I educate owners and instruct dogs. My goal is creating a happy home environment where both dog and owner thrive. Anyone can train a dog. It takes additional skill and experience to evaluate dog behavior and understand the cause of behavior and how to manage that behavior. Dogs bring so much to our lives, yet so many dogs are not a part of the family because of behavior problems. People love their dogs and sometimes this love is not healthy for the dog. Dog obesity is rampant. I want dog owners to understand how to help their dog be physically and emotionally happy.
• Licensed Guide Dog Orientation and Mobility Instructor (GDOMI) through the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs State Guide Dog Board.
• Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (ACDBC), certified through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
• Full Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
• Canine obedience and house behavior training (Specializing in positive reinforcement training -Clicker Training)
• Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen test evaluator and trainer
• Teaching dog training and behavior techniques to others, including novice and experienced dog handlers
• Kennel Enrichment Specialist
• Service Animal Access Specialist
• Dynamic Public Speaker
Honors and Awards:
Guide Dog Users of California Humanitarian Award
Guide Dog Users of California
In recognition of outstanding advocacy for guide dog handlers who have been victims of dog attacks and dog interference, and for leadership in the production of ‘Safe Travel for Working Teams- Enforce the Law” (video), and for years of effort in advancing the independence, safety and dignity of working teams.
The Lori Sheppard Award
Guide Dogs for the Blind Alumni Association
This is awarded to someone who has demonstrated Excellence in Advocacy to the Alumni (Active Guide Dog Users) of Guide Dogs for the Blind Inc.