Joined 11 years ago from Grande Prairie
Sensei K.D. Lintott is a 5th degree black belt in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu!, and a 5th degree black belt in Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu. Sensei Lintott has been tested by Shihan Steven W. Hiscoe 8th Dan, and promoted by Professor G. Sylvain 10th Dan (founder Can-Ryu), for all his Dan rankings since Shodan in Can-Ryu.
As a young boy he learned some boxing and dabbled in other arts on the way. He started his real training in the late 1980's on the street. He progressed to working many of the doors at local night clubs all over Calgary, but his work was mostly on the Electric Avenue. In 1990 he took Hapkido and a year or so later started private lessons in Ju-Jitsu.
He has used Ju-Jitsu many times in what could have been serious altercations’. These situations have helped him adapt his Ju-Jitsu skills to match the real-life situations that take place.
In February 2002 Sensei Lintott founded the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association (AJJA). This is a non-profit organization that aims to bring together Jiu-Jitsu (Ju-Jitsu) practitioners within Alberta, and to promote the art to non-members. Sensei Lintott has worked hard to encourage the growth of this organization, and its members, by providing the necessary leadership to ensure its goals and objectives are achieved. In less than a year the first Jiu-Jitsu tournament for the AJJA members and the province of Alberta was held.
Sensei Lintott has also founded the Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA) as an organization within the AJJA, and the ASDS organization, which was founded years earlier, is now run under the AJJA as the Black Belt College program.
• Chief Instructor and Author of all eleven editions of the Goshinkan curriculum manual and syllabus.
• 20 years experience in Jiu-Jitsu/JuJutsu; has been instructing for most of these years and began testing students in 1998.
• Worked as a professional Doorman for over 10 years in Calgary.
• Holds Black Belt ranks in three styles of modern Jiu-Jitsu and has studied two styles of traditional JuJutsu.
• Holds Diplomas for the level One & Two Black Belt Teacher Program under Professor Georges Sylvain, O-Sensei, the Founder of Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu, & the level Three Can-Ryu Teachers License.
• Member of the Canadian Jiu-Jitsu Union.
• Studied Eishin-Ryu Iaido.
• Level 3 Arnis De Cadena & Balintawak Cuentada Eskrima under Guro Joel Huncar.
• President and founding member of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association (AJJA).
• President and founder of Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA).
• Founder of Alberta Self-Defense Systems(ASDS)Black Belt College program in 2003.
• PPCT Instructor (pressure point control tactics).
• ECT Instructor (escort control tactics), including using the Yawara stick, Persuader key chain holder and the Suntetsu.
• NSA Field Level 2 Agent for Kid-Safe Network.
• Diploma in Police Sciences specializing in Law Enforcement & Protection.
• Chief instructor for: Inukshuk Bushido Kai; Tempest Ju-Jitsu; AJJA.
Copyright © 2020 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|