10 Common Misconceptions About Cats
1. Cats are stupid. They are very stubborn and strong-willed at times, but definitely not stupid. In fact, they are very smart. Unfortunately, they have minds like children at times, which makes them more naive and innocent. Due to their naivety and innocence, they sometimes get themselves into trouble sometimes.
2. Cats are untrainable. This is a common misconception, because they are so stubborn. In fact, they are very trainable. It just takes more time to train them, because they like to do things there own way and in their own time.
3. Cats are unclean. Anyone who has ever been around them for any period of time cannot say this without being completely dishonest. They not only clean themselves several times a day, but they also clean each other. Staying clean is very important to them.
4. Cats have no soul. They are living beings that have feelings that get easily hurt and show a very deep love and devotion for their caretaker. It is unfathomable that they do not have a soul. The soul is where the love, devotion, and loyalty come from.
5. Cats are evil. Some of them may show characteristics of an evil personality, but they are only as evil as their caretaker. Just as any other living being, they tend to take on the personality of their caretaker and others around them. If they are shown complete love and devotion, they will show that to anyone else around them. If, however, they are shown or taught evil tendencies, they will show that to anyone else around them.
6. Cats are a woman's pet. Women are not the only ones to be their caretaker. This is just a stereotype that may have been true at one time many years ago, but there are a lot of men who are choosing to be caretakers now, too. All they want is to be loved, cared for, and treated well.
7. Cats are a large rodent. Some people who tend to not like them complain that they are just a large rodent, which is not true, of course. Rodents are a very nasty bunch and tend to carry diseases. They are definitely not nasty and do not carry diseases.
8. Cats are lazy. They are very stubborn and strong-willed at times, but not lazy. They are just very laid back most of the time. When given the opportunity to play, eat, be petted, or get any other kind of attention, they will not pass it up. If they were lazy, they would not be so keen to accept any of those opportunities.
9. Cats are unsociable. Some of them are just like little divas and love attention from anyone willing to extend it to them. Although, there are others who are more shy and timid. They are more comfortable going into another room to hide under the bed or anything else that will make them feel safe.
10. Cats are difficult to take care of. They only want the basic essentials in life. Food, fresh water, a clean litter box, and love from their caretaker are the basic essentials they want most. Anything else they get is an added bonus. They do love to climb and get up high, so it is important that they have things they can easily climb up on and feel safe.