7 Reasons To Adopt a Pet
Adopt a Pet in Singapore
Why Buy When You Can Adopt a Pet?
Here are 7 reasons why you should adopt a dog or cat:
1. Hundreds of dogs are killed (to put it kindly, put to sleep) each year because they are unwanted. Animal shelters are overcrowded. When you buy a pet, it adds to the overpopulation.
2. When you adopt a pet, you save a life which might die if no one adopt them. Adopting it make room for one more dog to be kept at the shelter. You save 2 lives.
3. When you buy a pet from a pet shop, you cannot return it. But most rescues will take your pet back.
4. Sheltered dogs are usually ready for you. They are vaccinated, microchipped, have undergone medical checkup and are fit for adoption.
5. When you buy a puppy, you do not know its personality. When you adopt an adult its personality is already developed so you can assess if it is suitable for you or not. The staff at the shelter/rescue know the dog's temperament and they can match you with the right dog.
6. When you adopt a pet, you have an instant friend for life. To them you are the hero and they will show their appreciation to you for the rest of their life. They will bond quickly with you. They will make for a affectionate, attentive and loyal friend.
7. Do you know where the local pet store get their puppies from? Could it be from a puppy mill? A puppy mill is a factory where puppies are churned out quickly so they are forced to breed at unhealthy rates. The puppies are weaned early from their mothers. They are kept in small cramp cages and never get to run freely. There is little human interaction. Imagine the mental and physical conditions of these animals. The aim of the puppy mill is to sell to the pet stores and make a profit. It's a business. So the welfare of the animal is not their primary concern. When the buying stop, so is the breeding.
Sam Choo is an internet marketing coach at http://conversationwithsam.com