Animals - 10 things you don't know about
Man, dentist must be a pain for you!
I always thought that animal world is extremely interesting. In this material I gathered some extreme examples that illustrate both how fascinating animal world is and how little we know about it.
1. Everyone known snails. Funny little creatures, spending their life crawling on the ground. But, there is one little thing about them that I bet you don’t know. And that is the fact that they have teeth. On top of that they have the most teeth in animal world, with more then 25.000 teeth.
2. Dolphins; beautiful, intelligent creatures; they are maybe the most friendly mammals being known to interact with people extremely easy; what you don’t know about them is that they always sleep with one eye open.
I see you!
3. We all saw Jaws; man, those sharks were scary; those movies created mass hysteria resulting in campaigns with the purpose to extinct sharks. As opposed to that, we all love beautiful gentle cows who couldn’t hurt a fly; still, each year about 10 peoples are killed in shark attacks as opposed to more then 100 that are killed being trampled to death by cows.
Drive, bitch, drive!
4. About lions many things could be said; lion is the king of animals as we all know; a lion can be extremely lazy, sleeping more then twenty hours daily; however, a little known fact is that during mate season that last a week a lion mounts a female once at every 15 minutes which results in 672 episodes during that week.
For the last time…..I have a headache!!!!!!!
5. There are many species of dogs and because of that there are many differences between them. However, there is a thing that is common at almost every dog, specifically the colour of tongue that is pink. I said almost because chow-chow is the only dog that have a tongue either blue-black or purple.
Mommy, why am I so different?
It seems that I’ve lost my head again!
6. Peoples hate bugs. That is a well know fact. Especially cockroaches that takes your kitchen as private property. For centuries humanity tried to get rid of them but cockroaches are incredibly resilient. So resilient that in fact a cockroach can live for nine days without its head.
7. When you look at a zebra immediately think about stripes. Is like a trade mark. Zoologist found out that the stripes are a natural response to predators, allowing zebras to be hard to track when found in the middle of the heard that is in motion. However, stripes represent for zebras what fingerprints represent for human. Identification. There aren’t two zebras that have stripes exactly the same.
I told you that she is not like us!
I’m about to get dirty!
8. Moles are small little creatures that live underground, and make lives of farmers and golfers miserable by digging holes in the ground. What you don’t know is that a mole who measure up to 8 inch can dig about 300 feet in just one night.
9. A goldfish is an ornamental fish that usually can be found in aquariums all around the world. It is a very beautiful fish but if you think for a second that he can remember who his master is, think again. A goldfish has a memory span of just 3 seconds.
What was I thinking again?
10. We all know tigers and lions. We know their strengths and weaknesses. But, less know to the world is the fact that a tigress can mate a lion. Their offspring is called…of course….liger.
That’s a big cat.
- The DO NOT list!
- Top 10 richest people on the planet in the year 2011
- Parachutes 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Coins - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Wedding rings - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Coffee - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Cigarettes 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Piercings 10 Facts you dont know about it
- Tattoos 10 Facts you dont know about it