- Pets and Animals
Biodegradable Flushable Dog Poop Bags
A Green Way To Dispose of Dog Poop
"What is the best way to get rid of dog poop, that is economical and enviromentally friendly (green)?"
If you have found yourself lying awake at night, wondering if you are using the right dog poop disposal methods, then you have come to the right place...WE have the answers for you.
Using a biodegradable dog poop bag is the only way to go, as it can take a THOUSAND YEARS for a non biodegradable plastic bag to disintegrate.
So, why is the "flushable" in Biodegradable Flushable Dog Poop Bags important?
Flushing Is The Best Way To Dispose of Pet Waste
Many folks will tell you that a little dog poop in your yard is no big deal, it is just fertilizer after all. Hey, it's a natural way to get a greener lawn.
Well, according to the Enviromental Protection Agency (EPA):
"Flushing pet waste is the best disposal method. Leaving pet waste on the ground increases public health risks by allowing harmful bacteria and nutrients to wash into the storm drain and eventually into local waterbodies"
There you have it. Leaving dog poop on the ground is not only not cool...you can potentially allow harmful bacteria and nutrients to contaminate local waterbodies.
But how inconvenient is it to try and pick up the dog poop with toilet paper and carry it to the toilet? If you don't do that, then you are going to put it in a bag, and if you put it in a non biodegradable bag, you just placed something into the enviroment that is going to hang around for roughly one thousand years.
So, the answer to all these problems is...
Biodegradable Flushable Dog Poop Bags
**You can pick up the dog poop with the bag- no more toilet paper
**The dog poop bag is biodegradable- no more bags hanging around for one thousand years
**The dog poop bag is water soluble and therefore FLUSHABLE with the dog poop inside.
In our quest to "go green", you will be taking TWO important steps towards the preservation of our enviroment.
Time To Visit Flush Doggy!
If you want to learn more about Biodegradable Flushable Dog Poop Bags, then it is time for you to Click here to visit Flush Doggy.
Remember, we (that's you and I and everyone else) need to get as "green" as possible. We do this by taking every step possible, and we do it one person at a time.
Take a small step: Click here to visit Flush Doggy.
A Few Dog Poop Disposal Facts
A few facts that point to Biodegradable Flushable Dog Poop Bags being the answer to YOUR dog poop bag disposal problems.
**Dog poop is the major source of fresh water contamination
**Almost 4% of the contents of landfills is dog poop, nearly as much as disposable diapers That's close to 10,585 thousand tons of dog poop each year
**Biodegradable dog waste bags are not designed for landfills. Landfill trash is packed so tight, that biodegradable items don't ...well...biodegrade.
Green Trash Bags
"Green Trash Bags"!
More Easy Ways To Go Green
20 Simple Things To Get Greener
There are many more ways to Go Green, and here are 20 simple things you can do to go green instantly!
1. Turn of all lights when you leave a room
2. Wash your clothes in cold water, instead of hot or warm
3. Shorten your showers. Shoot for 5 minutes
4. Use natural light as much as possible. Let the sunshine in!!
5. Drive the speed limit and get all those errands done in one trip
6. Better yet, if some of your errands are close, bike or walk there.
7. Purchase or build a compost bin
8. Have one water bottle and stick with it. STOP BUYING INDIVIDUAL WATER BOTTLES.
9. Turn off your computer(s) at night
10. Fix any leaky faucets
11. Pay as many bills as you can online
12. Lower the temperature on your water heater
13. Air Dry your laundry
14. Give any usable items to Goodwill or a Thrift Shop instead of throwing it out
15. Use cloth instead of paper towels to clean
16. Collect rainwater to water your plants and garden
17. Unplug any appliances or device chargers that aren't being used
18. Make your own household cleaners. There are recipes all over the internet
19. Do an energy audit of your home
20. Reuse scrap paper
Try 'em all..they won't hurt a bit!!
More Stuff To Go Green With
There is a lot more you can do than just Biodegradable flushable dog poop bags to help preserve the enviroment: