Bird Repellent: How to Scare Birds Away
Bird repellent is referred to as any method, substance, or device used to keep birds from coming into contact with crops or any facility where they are not wanted. Birds should be making homes in trees and feeding off of seeds and other insects found in the wild. Most people don't need the trouble of birds picking at their property and leaving there mess behind. This is why bird repellents are helpful in aiding with bird control.
There are a few species of birds that are considered to be annoying. These species that need to be repelled include pigeons, starlings, house sparrows, crows, chicken hawks, and small birds. They nest in various places and leave their droppings behind for us to clean up. Other pesky species include, but are not limited to, geese and blue winged teal. They pick and feed on valuable crops that need to be harvested for human consumption.
There is a large demand for the repelling of birds. This can be a problem for homeowners and business owners. There are many companies dedicated to the solution for property damage due to pests. There are many products available for repelling birds. Research the methods and tools available to keep pesky birds away and find out what products will be the most effective for you and your family.
Bird Repellent on Amazon
Natural Bird Repellent
Natural bird repellents use all natural ingredients to make the smell and taste of vegetation intolerable for birds so they will most likely stay away. This type of bird repellent usually comes in a spray.
You can make your own bird repellent. Aside from a traditional scarecrow that you place on your front lawn to keep unwanted birds from ruining your property, make a homemade pepper spray instead.
Put crushed red pepper, apple cider vinegar, and water into a spray bottle. Spray this mixture outside of your home, in the areas where birds would normally stop by. It can also be used on plants and will not harm them.
Some example of common natural repellents:
- Bird repellent iridescent tape. It scares birds away by flashing a bright, holographic flare that can look like fire to a bird. Hang this tape on the trees and bushes outside your home. This is a decorative, easy way to keep pesky birds from intruding on your property.
- Steel bird spike. Steel bird spikes are another product that can be purchased and installed. Place them along the edges of buildings to keep birds from landing and nesting on them. This is probably one of the best methods used and the appearance of the spikes does not disturb the design of the building.
- Repellent granules. Bird repellent granules are another
method frequently used. It uses the scent of predator animals to deter
birds off of the property. It depend of the granule ingredients, if it use synthetic stuff it can be categorized as non natural repellent.
Non Natural Repellent
Bird repellents are necessary to preserve our civilization and keep things looking nice and neat. The benefits of using natural bird repellents are that it is not harmful to the environment and costs a lot less than other methods.
On the other hand, one would have to keep applying this method (or spraying) every now and then for it to be effective. The benefits of non natural bird repellents are that they leave less of a mess and are less detectable by humans. Yet, they can be pretty pricey costing anywhere from hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars.
Some example of common non natural repellents:
- Ultra sonic. Ultra sonic pest resellers use high frequency sound waves to repel pests including birds. This is one of the more popular choices because it also repels pesky animals such a rabbits, raccoons, mice, rats, and unwanted rabid dogs. An Ultrasonic bird repellent is a device that uses ultrasonic audio waves to repel birds and other rodents. The audio signal is undetectable to the human ear. Most manufacturer's ultrasonic repellent systems include at least two directional speakers. They are weatherproof so they can be left outside. They are automated and they can be programmed to use a variety of different repelling audio waves that is sure to keep the birds away.
- Gel. Bird proof gel is another product that
is used for the repelling of birds. Squeeze the gel onto window sills,
ledges rafters, and other outdoor locations that may be convenient for
birds to roost. If they happen to land on the gel, they find the
consistency gooey and unappealing. They will not return to that spot.
This product is easy to apply, there is no upkeep required, it is
harmless to humans, and it is not noticeable from a distance. It is also
less expensive than other pieces of high tech equipment.
- Fogging. Fogging sprayers are another method used for bird control. Birds do not like to be in and around heavy fog because it enables them to see clearly.
Homemade Bird Repellent
You can make your own natural bird repellent. There are some bird repellent or bird deterrent which easily to build or implement.
- Sound of barking dogs, barking coyotes, or gunshot. Noisy terror sound will make bird scary enough. It is easy to implement, just use your audio device to play the recorded sound and turn up the volume. You should use this method in open area such as airports, rice field, corn field, and other open areas far from residents.
- Steel spike. You can create steel spike easily by your own. You need long nails, a thin of stripe wood, and a hammer. Buy longest nails as you can, and the nails should be longer than wood tick. Hammer the nails across the wood. Place the wood in the location where the birds usually stand.
- Scarecrow. Scarecrow usually used in the large field like rice field or crop field. Scarecrow easy to build. Prepare used pillow, wood stick, bail hay, old shirt and pant, old hat, and ropes to create it. Shape all of that stuffs until it looks like human. Place the scarecrow in the middle of field.
- Cassette Ribbon. If you can't afford holographic ribbon, you can use used cassette ribbon. Hang this ribbon on the tree.
Video: How to Make Scarecrow
Bird Repellent DIY (Do It Yourself)
- How to Make Homemade Bird Repellent Spray | Garden Guides
How to Make Homemade Bird Repellent Spray. While some birds are enjoyable to watch as they nest and engage in their natural activities, some of these activities can be harmful to buildings
- Homemade Bird Repellent Spray | All pest control
When looking for just the right product to repel your property from birds, there are a number of things to consider... Homemade Bird Repellent Spray. Bird repellents and birds control
- How To Make Homemade, DIY Bird Spikes
We'll show you how you can save some money by learning how to make your own homemade bird spikes strips. DIY Guide.
- Replica Watches Guide
If you love designer watches but are on a tight budget, replica watches are the perfect alternative. These watches are imitations of designer watches and look and feel just like the real thing well,...
- Buying Used Car Tips
Deciding to buy a new car is one of the best economic choices that you will make. The second after you buy a brand new car it depreciates in value. Buying a used car saves you money and still allows you to...
- Tummy Tuck Jeans: Trunks for your Junk
For many women, becoming a mother means giving up those form-fitting jeans that hugged every curve just so. Sure, some women magically snap back into their pre-pregnancy shape (hate them) and others - the...
- Important Things to Know About Laser Eye Surgery Procedure
Laser eye surgery is the surgical procedure in which laser light (light amplification by stimulated emission radiation) is used to correct the shape of a patient's eye curvature in order to improve vision so...