- Pets and Animals»
Cassowary Attack Bird
Don't mess with the cassowary
It wrecked more protective barriers, killed more human beings and yes, ruined more dinner parties than any other bird in the world. It's the third tallest, second heaviest, but certainly the most aggressive bird you can ever encounter.
- feed on fruits, plant food such as grass and fungi, and invertebrates (animals without a skeletal structure).
- are part of the ratite group, which includes the Emu, rheas, ostrichs, and kiwis.
- belong to one of three extant species today (Southern Cassowary, Dwarf Cassowary, Northern Cassowary).
- have a helmet on their head, feathers on their body, blue skin on the head and neck.
- lay 3-6 eggs and leaves the male to sit on them for about 8 weeks until they are hatched.
Cassowaries defend their territories (read: where the berry bushes are) at all cost. They charge, leap, slash with their claws and smash with their heads.
Do they look nice and funky? Yes.
Do they have a charming personality? No.
In fact, they won't eat you, as they prefer their berries, but they will kill you just for that.
The nice thing about the cassowary is it gets in a rage. If you run, it comes after you. If you jump in your car, it slashes the door open. You try anything, you're done.