Home Remedies for Cat Repellents
Home made remedy
In this page i would like to share some home made remedies to repel the cat and some chemicals which are available in the market so that you can make your house and garden cat proof.
it is true that we love animals but on the other hand if you do not have a cat yourself and the cat from the neighbourhood creats a mess in your porch, garden, inside your house on the stairs.
i think many of us might have faced this problem. sometime we have a cat door but the problem is the stray or neighbour,s cat come to our house and make it dirty.
i have found this is the biggest problem with the people who do not have pets themselves but the cat from the neighbourhood creats a mess in their garden. cat can not be tamed so it is very difficult for your nice neighbour to control the cats.
i have found some home made remedies which can help you to control this problem and of course i will not charge anything.
- ElectroMagnetic Cat Doors:- These are easily available in the market. The cost from $24 to $130, depending upon the brand and quality. These cat doors come with the electronic unit which is intalled on the cat door itself. A small magnet is tied on the collar of the cat. it only works for the cat which has that magnet attached (oops your neighbour cat should not have one, otherwise it will work for it too) but for sure it will not work for the stray cats who does not wear the magnet.
- Magnetic Cat Door:- These are very simple in design just same as the above; without the magnet on the collar of cat and elctromagnetic unit. Now a days all the cat door come with it. It helps to prevent the air draft come inside as the magnet on the door holds the door shut.
These cat door can be easily fixed on all wooden and glass doors. They come in round and square shape so you can choose depending upon your requirement.
- Skunk Shot: This chemical comes in a paste form and you can use it in your garden or in home.
- Cat and Dog repellent by VITA PET: It comes in form of granules, gel and ready to use spray. You can use it anywhere to repel the cats.
Home made remedies
- Black Pepper Seeds: Yes i have found it very effective, you can put some black pepper seeds in the garden to repel the cats.
- Moth Balls: the moth balls can be another method to keep the cats away from your garden as they have strong smell.
- Citronella Oil:- It is also very effective method to keep them away. if you mix citronella oil with water (only one-fourth of citronella oil in water) and spray it on the affected area, it can take care of cats.
- First clean the already existing poo in your garden.
- Use often to break the habit of cat coming to your garden.