Who Says Cats Are Not for Single Men?
One example of a great guy who loves cats
I heard on the radio...
So the other morning I woke up to my radio alarm. The disc jockey was talking about cats as pets. This particular radio host happens to be a self-proclaimed "dog person." He starts out by saying that he just can't see how a "real" guy, a single guy, could be a cat owner. He thinks single guys should be dog owners.
Obviously, because he is not a cat person, he just doesn't get it. It sounded like he thinks that if a single guy owns just a cat or cats (and no dog), that he must not be masculine, or something is wrong with him.
I think that's a cockamamie opinion based on lack of experiences with cats. And yes, I love cats. So does my husband. That's one of the things I love about him. So if I was single, and looking for a guy, I would give extra points to a guy that had and loved cats.
Why Cats are Great for Single Guys
Here are some reasons that I think cats would make great pets for single men:
- Cats are low-maintenance - this is awesome for single men! Less work to do at home. :) You don't need to bathe them (they groom themselves) or take them for walks. Just give them food and water, scoop the litter once a day. That's about it.
- Cats are affectionate - good for any single person
- Cats are independent - this is helpful for guys that work all day, and especially if they want to go out and date in the evenings or weekends
- Cats are super smart - You can teach many cats tricks and even teach them to walk on a harness/leash if you really wanted to
- Cats are fun and can provide entertainment - Just crumple up a piece of paper and throw it on the floor and watch your kitty bat it around! Or buy a laser pointer and watch your kitty chase it all over the house, maybe even up the walls! What guy wouldn't find that to be fun?
Other Articles about Men and Cats
- Men and Cats; Onely: Single and Happy
- Is it Gay?: Owning a Cat
The word gay has evolved over the years. Back in the day it was a word for happy and jovial. Then it became a word to describe a man who is sexually
- More Men Are Unabashedly Embracing Their Love of Cats - NYTimes.com
More men are unabashedly embracing their love for cats.