Tips Cleaning a biOrb Aquarium
The biOrb fish aquarium is perfect for any office or home.The biOrb combines the look of a traditional aquarium with hi-tech performance.
This fish aquarium has a self-filtering system that helps keep the water clean and clear. The filtration system basically uses five stages that include biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration.
- Designed for low maintenance
- Strong acrylic construction
- Low voltage, safe for children
- Easy change filter cartridges
Depending on how much space you have, the biOrb aquarium comes in three sizes- 4 gallon, 8 gallon and 16 gallon.
- 4 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 13 x 13 x 13 inches
- 8 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 16 x 16 x 17 inches
- 16 gallon biOrb aquarium measures 20.5 x 20.5 x 22 inches
Clean biOrb Aquarium
Cleaning a biOrb aquarium is pretty simple. It's no different than cleaning most other fish aquariums. Following the instructions of proper feeding, fish selection and aquarium placement, maintenance should be a breeze.
- Will I need to empty the entire aquarium?
You should never have to completely empty and clean the aquarium. By following the instructions that are included with your biOrb, partial water changes is all you should have to do. At most you should only have to remove 1/3 the old water and clean the ceramic media in the dirt water.
- How often do I need to change my biOrb filter?
Replace the biOrb filter cartridge should every 1-2 months.
- Why do I have to change the biOrb filter cartridge so often?
The biOrb service kit is basically a trash can for your aquarium, trapping solid barticles and absorbing nitrate and phosphate. After time the filter cartridge gets full and can't absorb any more waste and can actually release pollutants into the water.
How to Clean biOrb Aquarium
- Go ahead and prepare the clean water in a separate container. Treat tap water with water treatment chemicals about an hour before cleaning the aquarium.
- Turn off the water pump and remove the biOrb filter.
- Remove 1/3 the dirty water. Agitate the rocks to loosen any dirt while you siphon the biOrb aquarium.
- Separate the bubble tube from the old filter cartridge and remove it.
- Attach the new filter cartridge to the bubble tube.
- Refill the biOrb aquarium with the water you prepared in step one.
- Turn on the air pump and let it sit for an hour. Add the Stress Zyme chemicals.