- Pets and Animals»
- Dogs & Dog Breeds»
- Dog Food
Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes
What can dogs eat?
Dogs can eat basically lots of things like human. They need nutritious food. Meat is very important source of protein, but they cannot eat just meat all the time. They should eat other nutritious food like eggs,apples,beans, oranges,potatoes,cheese, tomatoes, yogurt, carrots, fish, chocolate, corn, bananas.
We should definitely avoid commercial dog food if we want to healthy friends. These commercial food cannot give all the nutrients to your dog. You can easily prepare their food, and give them natural food. You don't have to spend lots of time everyday for preparing process. You can prepare their food for 3 days, and put remaining food to refrigerator. This process is really simple, and make your dogs healthier. I want to give you a sample recipe that you can prepare easily.
- 2 cups Turkey, 460 calories
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, 240 calories
- 1 Cup Brussel Sprouts, 38 calories
- 1 Cup Cabbage, 22 calories
- 1 Cup Turnips, 36 calories
- 1 Cup Carrot, 55 calories
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 2 calories
- Brown the turkey in the Vegetable oil over low heat for about 40 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Grate the carrot
- Cut the brussel sprouts, cabbage and turnips and boil them until they are tender, Approximately 20 minutes and drain.
- Mash the turnips.
- Add the turkey,brussel sprouts,grated carrot and mashed turnips in a bowl and stir well.
- If liked by your dog stir in the cinnamon.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is very easy recipe, and these kinds of homemade food are very important for your dogs' health. Dogs can live 27 years if you give them right food. You can find a website for additional information and more healthy food recipes below. Thank you.