- Pets and Animals
Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, I'm A Crazy Cat Lady
Cats - I can't get enough of them. I like cats in my house, cats in my kitchen, cats everywhere. I might be called a "Crazy Cat Lady" by some, but I don't care. If it's feline, I love it. If it looks like a cat, walks like a cat, and says "Meow", I want to know it.
Not only do I love the real thing, I like cat everything else. Check out these fun gift ideas for yourself or that crazy lady you know who also loves cats as much as I do. There's much more on this page than just gift ideas...you will find pictures of cats, a bit of cat trivia, a cat quiz, some cat videos, and some really cool gift ideas for cats and crazy cat ladies!
As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. Ellen Perry Berkeley
Don't think that I'm silly for liking it, I just happen to like the simple little things, and I love cats! - Michelle Gardner
Books About Cats
Are you a reader, or perhaps a better question is, does your cat let you read? If the answer is yes, here is a short list of wonderful cat books you should read:
- The Lion in the Living Room: How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World
- A Street Cat Named Bob
- They All Saw a Cat
- The Dalai Lama's Cat
- Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat
- I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats
Time spent with cats is never wasted. Sigmund Freud
Cat Trivia Questions
Want to play a game? Of course it does involve a bit of thinking and the subject is cats...let's see if you can answer these 20 cat trivia answers. The trivia question answers are a bit further down the page...but don't cheat!
- What is a group of cats is called?
- In what countries is a black cat considered to be lucky?
- How far can a cat jump?
- What do you call someone who loves cats? (The answer is not a crazy cat lady)
- What is a female cat called?
- What did Ben Rea leave to his cat, Blackie?
- What part of a cat is as unique as a person's fingerprints?
- What did ancient Egyptians do as a sign of mourning when their cat died?
- What is a group of kittens called?
- Calico cats are usually one sex, is it male or female?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. Terry Pratchett
What's Your Favorite Pet?
What is your favorite Pet?
Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise creatures, and cats like authors for the same reasons. Robertson Davies
Cat Trivia Answers
- A group of cats is called a "clowder".
- Black cats are considered to be lucky in Australia and Britain.
- A Cat can jump up to 5 times its own height.
- Someone who loves cats is called an Ailurophilia.
- A female cat is called a "Queen" or a "Molly".
- When Ben Rea died he left his cat, Blackie, 7 million pounds.
- A cat's nose pad is as unique as a person's fingerprints are.
- Ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows off to show they were in mourning for their cat.
- A group of kittens is called a "kindle".
- Calico cats are usually female.
Fun Cat Games
Okay, it's time for some fun and games...cat style. There are a couple games that are fun and full of felines. Here are the ones my kids always enjoy playing with each other ... and with me too!
- Cat Lover's Monopoly
- The Crazy Cat Lady Game
- Sequence Cats
- Brainwright Cat Stax, The Perfect Puzzle
- Tem-Purr-A Board Game
- Simon's Cat Card Game
And for the very young game player you can get the:
- Pete The Cat Game
It's A Cat - It's A BookShelf - It's A Puzzle
Take The Cat Quizview quiz statistics
Names For Cats
Butch, Shadow, Rambo, Giselle, and Casey are my cat's names...what did you name your cat? Here's a list of the most popular cat names these days...
Popular Female Cat Names:
Popular Male Cat Names:
Those names were found at Aol.com
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. Albert Schweitzer
Cats Come In All Sizes
Maine Coon Cat
Norwegian Forest Cat
What's The Difference Between A Small, Medium, And Large Cat?
Yes, cats come in all sizes, but what is the difference? In pounds cats range from about 4 pounds to 30 pounds. Here's some information about the different weights we find in felines plus some other juicy tidbits of info!
The small sized breeds weigh from 4 to 10 pounds.
The medium sized breeds weigh from 10 to 15 pounds.
The large sized breeds weigh from 15 to 30 pounds.
The world's smallest cat is only 6.1-inches tall and weighs 3 pounds. His name is Mr. Peebles.
The world's longest cat is Ludo. Ludo is a domestic cat and he is 3 ft 10.59 inches long. This big feline weighs 34lbs. I just read about Samson, a Maine Coon, who is 4 feet long.
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. Joseph Wood Krutch
Ultimate Cat Lady: Woman Shares Her Home With 1,100 Felines
If you call a cat, he may not come. Which doesn't happen with dogs. They're different types of animals. Cats are very sexy I think too in the way they move. Antonio Banderas
Funny Cats Compilation Funny Cat Videos Ever Part 1
Cats are connoisseurs of comfort. James Herriot
Want To Help Cats? Foster Or Adopt!
Shelters and rescues are always looking for help, either in the form of donations or volunteers. You can foster a cat. What that means is you have the cat living in your home until it is adopted. You usually have to bring the cat to an adoption center a couple times a month. The rescue will pay for any medical expenses and sometimes food.
If you have been wanting to do something to help the homeless animals out there and are willing to take on this responsibility, call your local shelter or rescue group. It will be a huge help to that one animal you are saving. It's a great way to save a life.
Check online for: Rescue group and then type in your city or county and state. Or go to a group like Petfinder.com, type in your zip code and you will see lots of animals and groups that will be happy to hear from you. You, too, can be a crazy cat lady!!