Do's and Dont's when a snake bites
Snake is fear for peoples from ancient times. Its the most feared animal at all. It have been observed that snake bite doesn't kill most of the peoples but the fear kills them. This hub is for the awareness of peoples who fear the snakes.
The quarter of total no of snake species are poisonous. So most of the time if snake bites a person the fear does all the damage. Because we cant know weather the snake is poisonous or not without proper examination. Following are the DO's and DONT's if any snake bites anyone.
DO's when snake bites anyone.
- Treat all possible snake bites the same way. Nobody can be sure for the snake is poisonous or not until examination by an expert.
- Keep the person calm, assure him/her that bites can be effectively treated in an emergency room and can be cures whole. Poison spreads faster if the heart beats faster.
- Don'T let the person move at all.
- Keep the affected area below heart level to reduce the flow of venom towards other body.
- Wrap a bandage firmly around the place where the snake bite is. The bandage should not be so tight that the blood supply is cut off.
- Do not wash the bite area. because if some venom is there it can help in choosing anti venom treatment.
- If possible,Monitor the person's important signs * temperature, pulse, rate of breathing, and blood pressure . If there are signs of shock, lay the person flat, raise the feet about a foot, and cover the person with a blanket.
- Get medical help right away. Don'T waste time in searching the snake unless the medical help is available to bitten person.
DONT's when a snake bites anyone.
- Do not wait to see if the bite causes any problems, treat it straight away.
- Do not cut, wash or suck the bite.Its not a movie off course.
- Do not allow victim of bite to get over exited.
- Do not apply cold compresses or ice to a snake bite.
- Do not give anything by mouth to the victim.
- Do not follow any local medicine.