First Time Pet Owners
Meet My Starter Cat
Greetings Animal Lovers Around The World.
As I have gone through this journey called life I have admired and respected people and their relationships with their pets. I have watched friends and relatives dote over everything from a pet rabbit to a pet rattlesnake and pretty much everything in between. I now have a better understanding of how four legged creatures and others become very important parts of the family structure. For some single people pets become their family. Because of my work schedule and lifestyle I always knew I would not be a very good pet owner. I was alway from home for long periods of time and did not know very much about boarding facilities for pets and animals so I decided to spare some unsuspecting animal the misfortune of being owned by me. But life has evolved and changed to the point that I now have the time and desire to bond with a living and breathing four legged creature. I know it does not sound very macho or manly but I have come to appreciate the style, grace, and attitude of cats. I don't have anything against dogs and I am sure some day I will own one, but here are a few of my reasons for gravitating towards the felines:
- Cats make it clear early on that you are lucky to be in their presence
- Cats most of the time will give you a few minutes to figure out what they will let you do for them.
- Cats sometimes will let you sit in your chair, if you don't disturb them.
- Cats will let you know when they want to be bothered with you.
- Cats will also dictate boundaries lines in bed. What's theirs is theirs. What's yours is theirs.
- Cats will always expect you to retrieve their toys that disappear under the couch.
- Cats will knowingly push those toys under couches just to get your attention.
- Cats don't need to be walked and will find the litter box if you keep it clean.
Those are just a few things I have noticed and enjoyed during my short time as a cat owner and caregiver. I suppose the ground work for future pets is now in place. I no longer think that goldfish are the only kind of pets I could own. If I could find a dog I liked, he also could become a part of the family. That is if our cat approved. I'll keep you posted on my growing menagerie.
I wonder what Cats really think of Humans?
Cats are low maintenance?
One day I have to get one of these.
Special Animals. Special Care
Recently I went to a small community town festival where people got a chance to show off the pets they love so much. Impressive to say the least.
Tender loving care
Time, effort, and love.
Since I am a relatively new pet owner I think I will keep it simple and for now just tend to the cat. But I can sure understand how an animal lover would want to broaden their horizons and take a chance on something different, perhaps even exotic. We shall see where this animal journey takes us in the months and years head.