Gluten free healthy pretzels for dogs
Terry is a picky eater. She doesn't eat much fruits. She eats only banana only if I make a paste of it and feed her. So I started making treats using apples, pumpkins and carrots. She loves these treats more than the store bought treats.
These home made treats are very healthy for your dog since they are made from all natural and high quality ingredients, without any preservatives. I always prefer giving homemade food and treats to Terry.
These pretzels contain oats and apple which are good for your dog.
Oats are good for the skin and fur. They are rich in proteins, fiber, iron and vitamins. Adding oats to your pet's diet is a way to impart nutritional benefits and improve digestion.
Apples are a super healthy treat for dogs. They are a good source of fiber as well as vitamin A and C. If your dog does not eat apples then just add them in treats and your dog will not know. Apple makes the treats more tasty.
I made this apple pretzels recently for Terry and she loved them. She ate the pretzels I gave her and she was looking at me for more. And when I was eating one of her pretzels she was staring at me as if I was eating without giving her any.
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 Egg
- 1 Apple, Make a paste of it
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- You can make oat flour by adding oats in a blender and make a powder of it.
- Beat egg in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Cut the apple and make sure to remove the seeds. Add the apple pieces to a blender and make a paste of it.
- To this apple paste add egg (keep a spoon of egg aside, we will use it in the end), oat flour and oats. Combine them together and make a dough of it. Add more oats if required.
- Take some dough and roll it into a tube. Make a U shape and then close the ends by bringing them together in the middle of the U shape.
- Do this with the remaining dough and place them on a baking sheet.
- Brush the pretzels with the egg we have kept aside. This will give a shiny look to them.
- After the oven is preheated, bake the pretzels for 25-30 mins or until they are hard. Dogs love their treats hard.
- Let them cool completely before serving.
- You can store them in an airtight box for up to 2 weeks.