Help Find A Home for Diamond
Diamond lived with her prior owner for her entire life and entered the shelter in April 2016. Unfortunately, Diamond's mom had become too elderly to care for her and she didn't have any other home to go to. She is housebroken and doesn't use the bathroom indoors.
What Does Diamond Need?
Diamond enjoys sun bathing, rolling around in the grass, and playing with toys and tennis balls. Although she's 10 years old, she's still just as energetic and playful as any puppy out there. She knows how to give you her paw and she loves to go on long walks. In the winter, Diamond really enjoys a good romp in the snow! If you've got a big yard, she'll be happy to run around in it.
Since she is dog reactive, Diamond needs a fenced yard, and she needs to be the only dog in the home. Part of being stuck in a shelter also means being in a noisy kennel most of the day; Diamond is a senior gal who just wants the same peace and quiet that she had with her senior mom.
Diamond Has Special Requirements for Adopters
This senior gal needs someone who understands her unique needs. To adopt her, your home must fall under these categories:
- Diamond will be the only pet in your home
- Your home has a fenced yard or safe enclosure
- All members of your home are 17 or older
- Adopter must be able to schedule a meet and greet at the shelter.
Fosters are also encouraged to apply! If you can't adopt or foster her, feel free to send food or toys, and let others know that Diamond needs a home!
Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter
3320 Beltagh Ave, Wantagh, NY 11793
Updates on Diamond
- A rescue will pull Diamond from the shelter if a foster is found, must be located on Long Island or in Upstate New York.
- 3 Sponsor offers, there have been offers to cover vetting costs, food costs for 2 years, a second year of vetting, adoption fees and cost of training.
Diamond Has Been Adopted!
Thank you to everyone who shared and viewed Diamond's page. She has officially found her forever home.